SP3 and KB947864

Lolita

Windows update, microsoft update and standallone installator won't install KB947864 on my system after SP3 and keeps me writing, that it is not compatibile with my system. In updates .inf it have

MinNtServicePackVersion   = 512
MaxNtServicePackVersion = -1

\:

in KB947864.log i found

AnalyzeForBranching: files installed on target workstation are from sp3bta branch which is incompatible with sp2gdr branch

1.266: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for c:\0068d8e452072a19b3\update\update_SP2GDR.inf failed
1.282: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halmacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102

SP3bta?! Hmm 5512 is SP3bta

Edited by Lolita

I don't really know, sorry, can't find it in log. But reinstallation helped me too. That is weird, because i install IE7 with commandline switches in T-12 so i don't have slipstreamed IE7 ...

BTW Log just say on first AnalyzeForBranching line

5.406: AnalyzeForBranching: files installed on target workstation are from sp3bta branch which is incompatible with sp2gdr branch

working update log have

1.531: AnalyzeForBranching: Using effective target C:\WINDOWS\system32\DllCache\SET33.tmp for c:\windows\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll

on first AnalyzeForBranching line

Switches that i used for installation: /quiet /norestart /update-no /nobackup

Edited by Lolita

If it's complaining about wininet.dll, check the files in \system32 and \system32\dllcache - are the versions the same, and if so, what versions?

If you installed it during setup, it should be 7.0.5300.13.

Yes, it is 7.0.5300.13. It works for me after manual reinstallation too.

version in system32: 7.0.5300.13

version in dllcache: 6.0.2900.5512

should i delete files in dllcache AFTER ie7 installation?

EDIT: after i deleted files in dllcache it works! Thank you.

Edited by Lolita

I have the same problem, but delete wininet.dll into dllcache don't work...

The KB947864-IE7 log :

1.078: DoInstallation: FetchSourceURL for c:\f273d8cb8b161035c787d6\update\update_SP2GDR.inf failed

1.078: LoadFileQueues: UpdSpGetSourceFileLocation for halaacpi.dll failed: 0xe0000102

1.125: BuildCabinetManifest: update.url absent

1.125: Starting AnalyzeComponents

1.125: AnalyzePhaseZero used 0 ticks

1.125: No c:\windows\INF\updtblk.inf file.

1.203: AnalyzeForBranching: files installed on target workstation are from sp3bta branch which is incompatible with sp2gdr branch

1.203: AnalyzeForBranching: files installed on target workstation are from sp3bta branch which is incompatible with sp2gdr branch

Can you attach the whole log here, along with versions of the file analyzeforbranching calls out in the log? Deleting the file isn't going to do you any good, as SFC is just going to replace it.

Well i deleted whole dllcache (cos there is many files with same error, wininet is just first one). But still there is problem, that MU detects and installas this update. I will try to use files downloaded by MU in unattended installation, but i don't think i success :(

Edited by Lolita

version in system32: 7.0.5300.13

version in dllcache: 6.0.2900.5512

Yes, I would check for any files that MS08-024 updates (the list is in the KB article) that are not 7.0.5300.13 and delete them from dllcache. Looks like the integration did not replace the files in dllcache, causing the analyze to fail (because 6.0.2900.5512 is technically newer than the IE6 version that ships with the hotfix, 6.0.2900.3314, and since it found 6.0.2900 files it thinks you're running IE6).

I just DELETED whole SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE files inside with Unlocker 1.8.6 and installed update SUCCESSFULLY FINE !!!

GoodLuck!!! :)

I tried it but don't work :(

KB947864 will not be updated with SP3 ? and IE7 full package ?