XP install failed to copy files from CD

Audey

greetings,

I have 3 querstions all linked together so i guess ill just go ahead and bundle them in 1 thread.

1/ During installing XP w/sp2 from CD ( a CD that has worked once before perfectly). i kept getting error messages that "xp failed to copy file" it wasnt just one file but a whole tribe of them.

kodak_dc.icm

nikedrv.sys

rio8drv.sys

riodrv.sys

spnike.dll

sprio600.dll

sprio800.dll

srgb.icm

streamci.dll

tosdvd.sys

tsbvcab.sys

tsbyuv.dll

usbcamd2.sys

usbcamd.sys

vdmindvd.sys

wowfax.dll

wowfaxui.dll

usrcntra.dll

usrcoina.dll

usrdpa.dll

usrdtea.dll

usrfaxa.dll

usrlbva.dll

usrmlnka.exe

usrprbda.exe

usrsvpia.dll

usrv42a.dll

usrv80a.dll

usrvoica.dll

usrvpa.dll

Thats a total list of the files it failed to copy. I have read the FAQ to see if this is common, infact I linked to this forum via google and a previous question on the same topic was unfortunatly not answered.

2/ im guessing i can search these files and d/l them?.

3/ where do i place the files after downloading or is it not as easy as due to the fact they may have been needed during install and not after install?.

have only come across one problem so far ( many more to come im sure), and that is my soundcard requires the streamci.dll before it will oblige me with some audio.

looking forward to some help :)

Edited by Audey

• 7 months later...
nvm, went a diff way round and sorted :)

I realize this is a bit old but it would be nice to tell us HOW!? I've got the same issue with a new, full install from xppro sp2 retail CD. This file, kodak_dc.icm, does NOT exist on CD! Is this some M$ b$? I can install from nLite source w/out issue but not from original CD :wacko:

-- also tried copied full cd to hdd, diff cd drives etc. This same cd worked in the past and has no visible damage; can be used as nlite source which works fine.

Edited by amalux

can be used as nlite source which works fine.

because you "remove" the components so I suppose you don't need the file anyway. The nLite CD is "not expecting" the file to be there.

Thank you Ponch :)

Seems to have been a memory issue; replaced bad stick and all is well ;)