Scan to FTP HP laserjet 4100mfp

robd

At our office we have a HP laserjet 4100mfp connect to our local network. According to the documentation, HP MFP Digital Sending Software is required for scanning to email and DSS workflow software to direct documents within the network. Does anyone know of a third party software or workaround that would allow this machine to scan to an FTP server without having to purchase the proprietary software from HP?

Edited by robd

• 2 weeks later...

Corrected the issue of missing 'Send to option' on the printer control panel. Problem cause as "The option possibly disappeared due to a disk replacement." Firmware update restored the option. Wasn't able to install it conventionally [failed saying it may be due to improper rights], it finally worked through the Windows command interpreter.

The first person from HP told me for out-warranty support I would have to pay $25. I told her I wasn't interested and she proceeded to say she would provide me with some information. Basically, she told me I needed to purchase the Digital Sending Software.