Excel 2003 (2007 if I have to) - display/export the first entry in a r

straytoasters

I have a spreadsheet the displays names along the first column and times along the first row. Additionally rows (beyond the first row) do not have times but instead "markers". The "markers" are letters designating what activity that person is doing at that time.

Ok, my question is, is it possible to filter the whole sheet so that I can output to another sheet the in-times of each person? Basically the filter would look at each row and only display a time if that row has some "marker" in it, otherwise it would skip that person, and the marker should not be displayed, but instead the time of the first "marker" in row 1.

Thats a convoluted and confusing description, sorry, but I hope it gets the point across.

Straytoasters

otherwise it would skip that person, and the marker should not be displayed, but instead the time of the first "marker" in row 1.

This part has me confused. If the person has nothing in their row they are skipped or you want the value of the first time listed in row 1 basically cell B1 listed for that person.

Sorry. If they have nothing in that row, then they are skipped altoghther. If they have something in the row then at the column where they have their first "marker" what I want to display is the time at the top of that column. In a nutshell I want Excel to spit out a list of all the start times for each person.

Straytoasters