How can i re-activate my WHS key?

GLO

Im in Sydney Australia, but when i first build my Windows Home Server rig, i registered it and all was well until i couldn't access it at all and i had to reinstall everything again.

But the validation is failing as its saying that the key is already in use. All the hardware is the same.

What is the easiest way to rectify this.

Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do would be to go through the wizard, select the option to activate over the phone (you'll get phone #s to call), and call the # listed for your region. It'll get you in touch with someone who can allow you to re-activate your key.

I have called Microsft twice and they have given me 2 different activation codes and both times they have failed.

What am i doing wrong? Or are they getting it wrong? :realmad:

I have called Microsft twice and they have given me 2 different activation codes and both times they have failed.

What am i doing wrong? Or are they getting it wrong? :realmad:

Assuming your key is valid, if you can't reactivate it after getting the code, perhaps you should be telling them this (they should be able to see it if you keep calling in on the same case #) - always try it when you have the rep on the phone. If it fails again, you'll have to ask them for another product key entirely.

• 3 months later...