Erase CD-RW

njven

I want to erase some CD-RWs I burnt a while back. The only problem, the erase option doesn't show up in Explorer when you put the CD in. I can't get Nero to work either. It only happens on certain CDs (maybe finalize was checked). I erased other CD-RWs from the same pack and had no problems. I can put in Ubuntu Live and use tools on it to erase the CDs windows won't, but then I have to stop what I'm doing and with the amount of CDs I have, it may take a while. Anyone else with this problem and know any way I might be able to erase these without live linux.

i never trust CDRWs i always finalize and never erase.

however the free program IMGburn does have an erase feature that might work for you. the icon is right under the drive selection box once you go into write mode. as i mentioned the program is free so if it doesnt work, all youve lost is time. :)

BlindWrite 5 rw tool will do it for you nicely also.

But, then again, you may just proceed in Nero as you would when using a brand-new blank and, after you click on burn and OK, it'll offer to erase it after it realizes it's not a blank. That's how I usually do it. HTH.

• 3 months later...
BlindWrite 5 rw tool will do it for you nicely also.

But, then again, you may just proceed in Nero as you would when using a brand-new blank and, after you click on burn and OK, it'll offer to erase it after it realizes it's not a blank. That's how I usually do it. HTH.

How often do use BlindWrite? BlindWrite is very random for me. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.