logonui.exe replace

JayDogg

Ok I have made my own logon screen which I use on my pc. Im made a XP SP2 self installing windows xp disk now I want to replace the logonui.exe on the disk with the logon logonui.exe I made, so when I use that xp disk I made to install windows it already has my logonui.exe with my logon screen any one know how I would go about that?

Ok I have made my own logon screen which I use on my pc. Im made a XP SP2 self installing windows xp disk now I want to replace the logonui.exe on the disk with the logon logonui.exe I made, so when I use that xp disk I made to install windows it already has my logonui.exe with my logon screen any one know how I would go about that?

You can copy the contents of your disc to a folder on your computer (I use C:\XP) and then copy and paste the logonui.exe file to your system32 folder in your XP folder. From there you can use Nlite to make a bootable ISO image to burn to a CD.

Use this tool to compress your logonui.exe and then just replace the compressed file with one in the i386 folder.

Cheers ;)

So with this tool... I can make a customized version of shell32.dll and then compress it using the above then copy that file to my XP_SourceCD\i386 to replace then I can make a bootable disc to install windows and it'll be the shell32 that I customized?

'Cause that'd be sweet.

Use this tool to compress your logonui.exe and then just replace the compressed file with one in the i386 folder.

Cheers ;)

So with this tool... I can make a customized version of shell32.dll and then compress it using the above then copy that file to my XP_SourceCD\i386 to replace then I can make a bootable disc to install windows and it'll be the shell32 that I customized?

'Cause that'd be sweet.

Yes. But in same cases you will have to disable SFC (Windows File Protection). You can do that with nLite.

Cheers ;)

Yeah .. I did the same all i got was a non-working Logon, I see logon but no users are displayed (Empty Welcome Screen) what have I done wrong ?

You probably made some error in creating your Logon.

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

So with this tool... I can make a customized version of shell32.dll and then compress it using the above then copy that file to my XP_SourceCDi386 to replace then I can make a bootable disc to install windows and it'll be the shell32 that I customized?

'Cause that'd be sweet.

Yes. But in same cases you will have to disable SFC (Windows File Protection). You can do that with nLite.

Cheers ;)

Why would I need to disable WFP if the file that was installed is the file that I customized :blink: Does it keep a separate catalogue or something? 'Cause WFP has its purposes...

Cheers ;)

So with this tool... I can make a customized version of shell32.dll and then compress it using the above then copy that file to my XP_SourceCDi386 to replace then I can make a bootable disc to install windows and it'll be the shell32 that I customized?

'Cause that'd be sweet.

Cheers ;)

Does it keep a separate catalogue or something?

Yes, something like that.

'Cause WFP has its purposes...

Yes it have it's purpose, but I keep mine all the time disabled, and I did not have any problem at all. And if you don't disable it, in most cases only Safe Mode will work.

Cheers ;)

With SP3 neraly all (or all) files get a new version number.

If you are using a older logonui (maybe from SP2) then is more dangerous!

In other words the old SP2 logonui dosent work fine in a SP3 XP!

(its my experience)  :ph34r:

Allreight,I´ve nearly the same problem, and working on a solution. Good (?) to hear that im not the only one with that Problem.

Im moding a logonui from SP3, one my running System its works perfectly but if i take it on a setup disk, the "design service" is not running. I can start it manualy but aftzer restart it wont keep working.

Some reason I just don't believe you. I think I'll try it my way and test it in a VM Snooty.gif

You don't have to believe me, but I know what I'm talking. I would not talk about something that I did not verified. I done a lot of tests in VMware, and every time I had to disable SFC, if I done some customizations. Maybe your small customizations will not create problem, but I always do some have ones.

Cheers ;)