XP SP3

MrCobra

Microsoft has decided not to release Windows XP Service Pack (SP) 3 to Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center as planned on April 29. The reason? A last-minute compatibility issue with a Microsoft application — Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS).

Source: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1368

If posting links to the ServicePacks are a violation of the rules again, please moderate my post above at will... :blushing:

:blink:

WTF???

An anonymous reader sends word that Microsoft Windows XP SP3, which had been scheduled to hit the Web today, was pulled back at the last minute. SP3 apparently broke a Microsoft application, Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System. Their solution is to set up a filter to make sure that no system running the affected software will get automatically updated; once the filter is in place, SP3 will be released to the Web. A fix for the incompatibility will follow.

They'd better hurry the heck up and fix it... this is ridiculous!

And did anyone else notice that support.microsoft.com was down for about 5 hours this morning?

:angry:

Edited by Idontwantspam

It's the KB for XPSP3, which means it will be updated to the final when final is available (already is, even though the documentation isn't updated yet for the KB). If you have the XP SP3 installer for KB 936929 and it's build 5512, you have the final, not an RC.

It's the KB for XPSP3, which means it will be updated to the final when final is available (already is, even though the documentation isn't updated yet for the KB). If you have the XP SP3 installer for KB 936929 and it's build 5512, you have the final, not an RC.

I think you are right , It's the KB , not an RC .But I can't find this edition in MS's[CHS] WEB ,why ?