"Display simple folder view"

twig

I disable this option immediately after a fresh install of windows, and wondering if this could be integrated into nLite.

Or wondering if this option exists and I have overlooked it many times.

Thanks in advanced!

I disable this option immediately after a fresh install of windows, and wondering if this could be integrated into nLite.

Add the next command in Unattended->RunOnce section of nLite to disable "Display simple folder view":

REG.EXE ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "FriendlyTree" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f>nul

Or paste the code in a batch file and verify first if it works.

Edited by radix

I always disable that automatically (in fact after a fresh install I search for "friendly" in the registry and disable everything - what's friendly for Microsoft isn't friendly for me), but after this post I stopped a second to think about this and searched to find out what this really is.

So here is an explanation of this 'feature' in case anyone wonders what it is.

GL

Add the next command in Unattended->RunOnce section of nLite to disable "Display simple folder view":

REG.EXE ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "FriendlyTree" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f>nul

Thanks!

exactly the sort of solution i was looking for

• 3 months later...

Add the next command in Unattended->RunOnce section of nLite to disable "Display simple folder view":

Thank you! Was trying to figure this one out as well.