HFSlip + SP3 + MCE

ZaForD

hi! there's an addon prepared by orbit30 here: [Addon] Media Center Edition 2005 v4., Converts your windows operating system to Media Center Edition 2005 ... there's a separate one for those using wmp11 ... might be worth a try (although the creator would still prep for 1 that's going to consider the final sp3 rel which would perhaps confirm there could be an issue with sp3) ... will look forward to how hfslip will take care of the concerns brought up though ... i'm confident tc, tp & the rest will be able to hurdle this :thumbup thanks!

hello! members are still waiting for orbit30 to update it as he promised (when his free with his vista projects) ... on a related note, this may be trivial but i'd still like to share THIS

Windows XP Media Center Edition

This issue affects Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002.

If you install Windows XP SP3 on a computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 with SP1, Windows XP Media Center Edition may malfunction.

To avoid this, install Windows XP SP2 before you install Windows XP SP3.

If this issue has already occurred, uninstall Windows XP SP3, install Windows XP SP2, and then reinstall Windows XP SP3.

hello! members are still waiting for orbit30 to update it as he promised (when his free with his vista projects) ...

oh, so he's wasting his time these days :P

by the way, i windowsupdated my MCE today to SP3 today. it started out as an HFSLIPped copy of windows, about 11-12 month old now, AMD processor. so far so good! :thumbup

Edited by johndoe74