Removing Languages from Vista

It is possible to remove desired languages from the DVD?

I want to remove english from my DVD wich has another language pack installed. If it is possible can you please help me do that?

I want to remove the language from the whole DVD, install.wim and boot.wim .

I tried to do that witch an answer file generated from WSIM and it does not work :}

It is possible to remove desired languages from the DVD?

I want to remove english from my DVD wich has another language pack installed. If it is possible can you please help me do that?

I want to remove the language from the whole DVD, install.wim and boot.wim .

I tried to do that witch an answer file generated from WSIM and it does not work :}

vlite :hello:

I think that with vlite you have the posibility to add languages but not to remove them from the DVD. I tried to remove them with an .xml file but it doesn't work :} .

vlite can remove them

• 1 month later...
How? Can you guide me to do that? I tried to find out how to remove the languages from the vista DVD but I didn't found anything!!!

I've tried, but unable to remove...the languages stays on "already integrated language packs", and it's grayed...can't remove them...is there any way, with vlite or waik?

• 1 month later...
How? Can you guide me to do that? I tried to find out how to remove the languages from the vista DVD but I didn't found anything!!!

I've tried, but unable to remove...the languages stays on "already integrated language packs", and it's grayed...can't remove them...is there any way, with vlite or waik?

I can't remove either. And if you remove the language pack folders that you don't want, an error occurs during the installation :angry:

ANYBODY?

Edited by lucashingis

• 4 weeks later...

Unless your pointer finger is broken it is rather simple to check the boxes for which languages you would like to remove in the removals section using vlite.

Edited by arfett

I've noticed that using vlite 1.2 to remove languages causes file signature issues (thus, no boot). 1.1.6 did not have these issues.

However, using the WAIK is pretty easy, and it doesn't break the image like vlite seems to (and it's not 100%, but it's more than 50% of images that end up this way).

• 1 month later...

Is it possible not to use WAIK to remove the language pack? It is difficult for me to download WAIK with my very slow internet connection.

I am facing the same problem.

post-191276-1223982723_thumb.jpg