Only 2 Updates found after slipstream SP3 RTM...

tff2

Hi,

I slipstreamed SP3 RTM to my SP2 (German) CD and then made an nLite´d CD...

No matter if I add IE7 and/or WMP11 to the Project, after installation (without any errors) it only finds 2 Updates in Microsoft Update:

Silverlight (KB946609) and KB941569.

Anyone might have an idea why ?

tff2

A service pack contains all updates till the release date of the pack. I'm running it too, it's simply perfect!

But it doesn´t contain IE7 and WMP11 ... and if I only slipstream SP3, install it and run WU it should find IE7 and WMP11... but it doesn´t even show one of this updates... so there must be something wrong...

Hi,

I slipstreamed SP3 RTM to my SP2 (German) CD and then made an nLite´d CD...

No matter if I add IE7 and/or WMP11 to the Project, after installation (without any errors) it only finds 2 Updates in Microsoft Update:

Silverlight (KB946609) and KB941569.

Anyone might have an idea why ?

tff2

KB956609 = only if you want to add silverlight

KB941569 = has to do with windows media

both have nothing to do with sp3

Besides that WU/MU is not ready for SP3 yet there are also no updates for XPSP3 available atm - except the timezone fix KB942763.

MS is going to re-release a bunch of fixes when SP3 gets officially available, e.g. most the IE7 Updates. As you can see in KB942763 when extracted, there has to be an SP3GDR and SP3QFE folder inside.

But it should find IE7 if only IE6 is installed... no matter if WU is ready for SP3 or not... IE7 should be found when only IE6 is installed...

They are migrating ALL of their sites to need the darned silverlight prog so it's not really going to be optional soon its going to be needed...

BUT you do have a point with that.

Also though remember SP3 isn't officially out yet so they haven't released new hotfixes yet with the SP3 code in them therefore WU will not have many updates on it yet.

Also though remember SP3 isn't officially out yet so they haven't released new hotfixes yet with the SP3 code in them therefore WU will not have many updates on it yet.

I´m not expecting (many) updates/hotfixes... but it doesn´t find IE7 and WMP11 and that´s an error for me... if i do the same steps with SP2 it finds IE7 and WMP11... with SP3 it doesn´t show this updates... so there must be something wrong...

Thats strange after nliting sp3 and xp home i get 5 updates one of which was wmp11, which is all i wanted really and although im still on ie6, ie7 didnt show.

Better than me, I only get one update and that's the Spyware Removal Tool

Thats strange after nliting sp3 and xp home i get 5 updates one of which was wmp11, which is all i wanted really and although im still on ie6, ie7 didnt show.

Better than me, I only get one update and that's the Spyware Removal Tool

So I think there´s something wrong with SP3 or nLite... Let´s wait if someone finds out the problem...

I´ll try an install with SP2 CD, then install the SP3 manually and then search for updates... let´s see if IE7 will be found in WU then...

UPDATE:

Installed System with SP2, looked in WU : IE7 is there...

Installed SP3, looked in WU : NO IE7 there (and of course not installed... system still running with IE6)...

Edited by tff2