Pgase

If you use SP2 there should be no problem, but people have reported problems when slipstreaming IE7/WMP11 on SP3.

I can confirm that you shouldn't include any updates for IE7 when using SP3. I can fix this, but we're so close to the next Patch Tuesday that I think it's not worth the trouble.

You mean the entry for HFSLIP in Add or Remove Programs? Just click the Remove button.

...lol

Not manualy, but automaticaly (Silent mode) ?

why do you want to remove that? IMHO, that is 1 way of letting the users of our HFSLIPstreamed OS aware of this powerful tool we are using ... ;)

I've found that I need to install IE7 (at least with 1.7.5) and WMP11 as GUIRUNONCE items, and then install 947864 on a subsequent reboot. Otherwise, I get wierd behavior with Internet Explorer (the icon in the start menu will only open Internet properties, IE opens and closes immediately with an error in ntdll (which there indeed is), etc). However, for now, GUIRUNONCE (with a cmd that sets a runonceex to install patches after another reboot) works fine, and is probably just as quick.

If you use SP2 there should be no problem, but people have reported problems when slipstreaming IE7/WMP11 on SP3.

If I slipstream WMP11 and IE7 to SP2 first,

then slipstream SP3 afterwards... am I home free?

HFSLIP doesn't support updating of a previously updated source.

Use HFSLIP 1.7.6rc5 from the test releases thread. It supports the IE7 hotfixes for SP2 on SP3.

THANKS! darn i spent like 3 hours trying to get that dang 947864 in. I just found out about HFSLIP today and i think its cool you do a lot of work on it, and we all appreciate it!