UXTender 1.2

damian666

well, if you use nlite, it will do it for you, else you just patch your file on your live install, and then cab it and put it in the i386 folder :D

Damian666

Can you please elaborate. I'm really new with this stuff. I thought to launch things like this that you needed to put them in the $OEM$ folder, then launch it with the cmdlines.txt and the [GuiRunOnce].

well, thats also possible man, if you like that approach...

then just let it execute with teh /s switch on the runonce.

that should work, but it needs a reboot, just tat you know.

damian666

• 3 weeks later...

ATTENTION!

Yesterday I tried this program on a hungarian XP Home.

Patch button is not shaded, but after patch, a lot of programs stopped working saying an memory error:

Task Manager, Process Explorer, BootVis, CCleaner, etc. (BootVis is only stopped at starting trace or system optimization, etc.)

So I needed to restore my uxtheme.dll file.

If anyone have hungarian XP, don't try to patch uxtheme.dll with this program!

miniLiLO

p.s.: I see OS: none, but I setted my OS to XP Home! :(

Edited by miniLiLO

wauw... so after all this time it shows that there IS a language which is not supported... ****...

thats really a suprise man.

thanx for telling us, could you maybe tell me what service pack you are running?

and maybe get me the uxtheme file so i can fix this?

thanx in advance.

damian666

There is no hungarian release, and if you are using LIP it can be really buggy.

I can guarantee that it's language independent, because uxtheme.dll is same in all sp3 versions.

wauw... so after all this time it shows that there IS a language which is not supported... ****...

thats really a suprise man.

thanx for telling us, could you maybe tell me what service pack you are running?

and maybe get me the uxtheme file so i can fix this?

thanx in advance.

damian666

I have SP3. Vista Transformation Pack's newer versions (from 7.0) greatly patches uxtheme.dll in my hungarian XP. I don't know how VTP's uxtheme patch works in SP3... a tip: it not works. I have patched uxtheme.dll using XP SP2 multiple times with success. Only the Multi-Patcher failed. In the hungarian Vista uxtheme patch is so easier, because system files' resources is english and there is MUI files... BTW, I have patched uxtheme.dll on another computer with hungarian XP SP2, and after SP3 install, no uxtheme patch needed, themes working. I now use Styler for applying visual styles. Have a good day! :hello:

p.s.: Original uxtheme.dll or patched uxtheme.dll by UxTender needed?

Edited by miniLiLO

• 2 months later...

Hello, I need help fixing my computer. I'm sorry, but I am not very proficient in Windows; about all I know is how to access Safe Mode to make any changes. I ask that anyone who can help be very clear on their instructions on how to fix my computer problem. Thank you.

I have a very serious problem that occurred after I patched my fresh SP3 installation with Uxtender 1.2. What happened was, when I rebooted my computer after the patch, my computer showed an error about winlogon.exe, and I can't seem to access anything. There is no GUI at all, no shell or theme, only my mouse. I see a window error that says this:

SAS window: winlogon.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x5ad8a69d" referenced memory at "0x08ea1916". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

After I exit out of the error window with either choice, I'm left with nothing but my mouse and a black screen. Then it reboots itself after some minutes later. Very weird. I cannot be sure what I should be doing right now. Before my computer screwed up, my computer logs on to the admin user automatically every time, so I don't have to encounter the user logon screen each startup. I saw in one of these posts that one of the users had a problem with logging on to a non-admin account, and he was able to fix it through changing the settings of the Users and Power Users section. I don't know if that will apply here, since I log on as admin. Heck I'm not too sure if I'm logging on at all. My first hunch would be that.

My second idea would be to replace the uxtheme.dll with a new one, hopefully restoring my themes and allowing me to use my computer normally. Would that be a feasible idea, and would I need to block any backups, as done here? http://themes.belchfire.net/index.php?showtopic=9001 I need to do this through Safe Mode, so I hope this will work. I've tried using "Last Known Good Configuration", but it did not seem to do anything. I got the same message.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post, it is really long, I know. I hope you can find the answer to my problem. : ]

Thanks again,

joseph

Edited by josephbanea

• 1 month later...

Now i´ve made this account just to say thanks!! :D:D:D

I had been trying to make a patcher myself and I kept failing and failing.. so after a while I googled and found yours! :D

Different source... but I tracked it here and you have my sincerest thanks.

(It works 100% with the Swedish XP Sp3 x86)

What would the world be without people like you? :D

Thanks

- Bejk

Now i´ve made this account just to say thanks!! :D:D:D

I had been trying to make a patcher myself and I kept failing and failing.. so after a while I googled and found yours! :D

Different source... but I tracked it here and you have my sincerest thanks.

(It works 100% with the Swedish XP Sp3 x86)

What would the world be without people like you? :D

Thanks

- Bejk

Thanks, glad that we could help (I'm speaking for damian too).

• 2 weeks later...