Integrating Drivers

Hi, I'm new to customising Vista Setup (though I've worked extensively with XP) and i'd like to integrate Drivers as well.

In XP, instead of integrating the drivers, I'd just run the setups from RunOnceEx. So this time I wanted to integrate it directly.

I used DriverBackup to get the drivers installed and then using vLite, integrated them. Is this sufficient or should something more be done?

Thx

Also, aren't files apart from inf required? What abt the scores of dll files etc?

Edited by islander_810

Thx...will try it tonight :thumbup

Status Update : Partially Sucessful :unsure:

I used the above described update. But when Vista started it recognised by GPU as Standard VGA and installed Standard Windows Drivers. I had to install my drivers from the CD before it could recognize my card (NVIDIA GeForce 7100).

Same thing with Realtek HD Audio Drivers.

After Vista Setup was over and before installing drivers, I used Driver Backup again to check which drivers were installed and as expected the above two weren't detected.

Can someone help me pls? :}

Edited by islander_810

Thx...will try it tonight :thumbup

Status Update : Partially Sucessful :unsure:

I used the above described update. But when Vista started it recognised by GPU as Standard VGA and installed Standard Windows Drivers. I had to install my drivers from the CD before it could recognize my card (NVIDIA GeForce 7100).

Same thing with Realtek HD Audio Drivers.

After Vista Setup was over and before installing drivers, I used Driver Backup again to check which drivers were installed and as expected the above two weren't detected.

Can someone help me pls? :}

http://www.msfn.org/board/Guide-Vista-Post...te-t116248.html

Hey nice tool :thumbup trying it out now.

It worked. NVIDIA and Realtek drivers recognised, SMbus and Coprocessor drivers weren't. That's a step ahead :whistle:

Post missing drivers there , i will let them added to the pack