Post SP updates

Hi all,

If I have XP SP2 on computers I obviously only need to download all the post-SP2 updates rather than everything every released; how does this program handle this? i.e. does it only download the patches released since the last service pack (which means that when SP3 for XP is released the download list in WUD will be very small), or will I get every update since XP was released?

Thanks in advance :-)

• 4 weeks later...
For now, it only list the post sp2 updates.

I suppose when sp3 will be officialy out we will have new UL with post sp3 updates

The new lists updated this May now include SP3 as their base.

• 1 month later...
For now, it only list the post sp2 updates.

I suppose when sp3 will be officialy out we will have new UL with post sp3 updates

The new lists updated this May now include SP3 as their base.

Can you please explain the part about the May update including SP3 as their base. When I ran it,

it listed the SP3 service pack as one of the updates to download. I am new to the software, so maybe

I am misunderstanding how it works.

Thank You

There are now two sets of ULs available on the WUD site... there are the Windows XP SP2 ULs which include all the updates after SP2 was released up until SP3 was released, and there are the current ULs which include all of the updates after SP3 was released. Some people do not wish to (or cannot) upgrade to SP3, so they will need to use the Update Lists which include all the updates up until SP3 was released, everyone else who has installed SP3 will use the current update lists.