Windows XP SP 3

RBCC

SP3 goes in the HF folder just like any other service pack. But if your source OS is already at SP2, you need to use the RC for HFSLIP 1.7.6 because HFSLIP 1.7.5 can only slipstream SP3 if the source is at SP0 (Gold) or SP1.

hi tc! been quite a while :) ... i kinda have a similar Q ... since Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system, (in addition to a small number of new functionalities that will not significantly change customers’ experience with the operating system), & i know the A to this is pretty obvious ... would this mean that HF folder does not need SP2 (+ all the other post SP2 hotfixes) in there anymore? or would HFSLIP just ignore the presence of lower/older SPs (+ all the other post SP2 hotfixes) if it detects the latest in there (in this case SP3)? thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

HFSLIP always takes the most recent Service Pack executable you have in the HF folder, and will only slipstream it if the source in the SOURCE folder is not at that SP level yet. But hotfixes are generally not ignored.

I have posted a list of updates for SP3 here.

thanks for the quick reply tc! i suppose it's going to be tedious to code all previous sp2 hotfixes to be ignored by the script but would it be workable to prevent any unwanted (or obsolete) hotfixes in there? ;) anyways, i'm cool with how it is setup right now (as i need to re-orient myself for the times i missed, i need to be guided by recommended hotfixes/updates from your dynamic list) ... btw, looking forward to an sp3 ver of your dynamic list ... thanks!