Shell32.dll SP3 not working with Xpize 4.7 B2

laser21

Hi,

I just updated my Win XP install with SP3 (slipstreamed) and Xpize updates all files, except shell32.dll, which is one of the most important. I tried both methods - change the install source, and installing Xpize in a running SP3.

It doesnt change it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

This is the old bug with the reloader. It shows you everytime that there was one patched file (the shell32.dll). But the file is patched already (and it will be patched everytime the Reloader runs). Ignore it or disable the autostart of the Reloader ...

Actually shell32 doesnt get patched! Thats the problem. I see old icons, old dialogs (like the logoff screen, deleting from the recycle bin...) I never had this problem, just with SP3. Im willing to send the shell file to anybody, and you can try to patch it...xpize just writes patching shell32, but actually skips the file...

I installed XPize on a fresh XP SP 3 and there are no problems except the shell32 bug, which was already on SP 2. The logoff screen, the boot screen, everything is like on SP 2 ...

I think that you have a problem based on your running system ...

EDIT: I just looked into the resources folder of XPize and see that there is only ONE icon for patching, not more ...

Edited by McStarfighter

as posted before, download XPize 4.7 Beta 1 and choose only shell32.dll patching and after install run the XPize Force Reload tool and reboot, problem solved. Link is available in one of the other 2-3 topics :) Can't remember which one but I'm sure you can search for it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...