zune wont install

dereaper

no matter what i keep in the vlite version i cant get my zune software to install but if i do a fresh install with an original vista disk it installs right away i was wondering if anyone here can help me figure this out or if maybe a future version of vlite can have a zune compatibility tab

no error since i am using sp1 vlited but the software will prepare the computer 100% then start to instal the software it reaches 100% and says canceled to complete installation please run setup again and the program closes out

before when i used vlited vista rtm original i didnt have a problem installing the software

i don't thing vlite is the problem. Do you have a log file ? One day i got this type of problem for installing a game and it was just my firewall. As soon as it reached 100% it says canceled to complete... because my windows firewall service was disable. Take a look maybe this can help or try looking on internet.

Edited by hannubys

no there is no log file i tried with firewall on and off it just wont install when i use sp1 lol oh well maybe in future releases ill get it back

I'm having the same problem now. The only difference this time is that I got rid of MS distributed transaction coordinator. Did you vLite it out?

MSDTC is needed to sync files if i'm not wrong. That's maybe the issue.

I did another disc with MSDTC this time. As well, I put back the media shell handler (vid thumbnails & the like).

I'll bet that's something else that's needed. At any rate, Zune is back in business.