The long debate of slipstreaming IE7 and SP3

flickshot

Ok so basically I have heard both stories about how some people say ie7 should be integrated first and then sp3 or other way around.

But I did try to do ie7 first and then sp3 and all I got was ie6 in my new win sp3 install :/.

Now the way I did this was by first intergrating ie7 into sp2 cd using nlite and then slipstraming the sp3 using the command line switch.

So I am wondering now maybe I should not have used the command line switch to integrate sp3 at the end and have just used nlite. Would everything work that way and will I get ie7 as an outcome in windows??

Has anyone tried testing these methods?

Common sense tells us....

- Don't mess with SP3 until it's available via a verified d/l from MSFT (29 April or later).

- Don't expect that third-party tools work with SP3 until the programmers say so (nlite, RvM, etc, etc).

- Don't expect that multiple integrations (SP3, WMP11, IE7) work until the tool programmers say so.

Until then, all of this talk and such isn't much more than a Charlie-Foxtrot party.

If I follow the plan of Slipstream SP3, then nlite IE7..... I have found 3 patches to IE7, I guess the question is, are they part of SP3. KB928089 KB929969 KB946627. I think they are all dated prior to Jan 2008 so without a response yet, I'm guessing they are in SP3. I've downloaded the pdf on Sp3 but its next to useless for details.

I need a list of patches in SP3 as I have a special hotfix from microsoft previously not release to fix my SD card reader in my laptop. It won't read a 4 Gig chip, so if the hotfix is missing in SP3, I need to apply it too.

Any ideas will help. Thanks.

Edited by Alan_K

Alan_K

The hotfixes included in SP3 will be listed on the MS site when SP3 is officially released. As far as I know IE7 doesn't get updated at all by SP3, see here http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPo...1&SiteID=17 although I've read different things on this :wacko:

It might be worth checking out HFSLIP as it generally does a better job of slipstreaming (particularly IE and WMP) and the folks there usually sort these kind things out much better.

Sorry I should not have even put this question out there. Except for the list part. I should have realized if IE7 is not in SP3, how can the hotfixes be there. Thus I must put them in too.

Too much lawn mowing I guess. But thanks for the other slipstream program. I'll check it out.