Avira Antivir 8 Free - complete silent and unattended!

cool400

Hey, why do we have to select the program files path and the windows path? You can simpy use the default Windows variables:

%programfiles% = the program files folder path, no matter what language you have

%systemroot% = the windows folder path, no matter what language you have

Btw I see you use the amazing 7z SFX module from Oleg, very good choice. It would be nice if there is still a switch necessary to install. I just accidentally installed Antivir by double clicking... with a switch the installer could be used both silent, unattended and normal.

Ofcourse with your AOM you could give the user the option to have a switchless or non-switchless installer.

Edited by ZileXa

I've taken a closer look at your config.txt file, you are missing 2 "" at the end of the 3rd RunProgram variable. This way your installer has a corrupt config.txt and it won't work.

I have created a gui with Oleg's 7z SFX, with silent switch. I've also used Reshacker to update the version info. If you are interested I can post screenshots and the config.txt file here, you may use it if you want, I am not planning to maintain it or have an active role in this.

Edited by ZileXa

I've taken a closer look at your config.txt file, you are missing 2 "" at the end of the 3rd RunProgram variable. This way your installer has a corrupt config.txt and it won't work.

I have created a gui with Oleg's 7z SFX, with silent switch. I've also used Reshacker to update the version info. If you are interested I can post screenshots and the config.txt file here, you may use it if you want, I am not planning to maintain it or have an active role in this.

Hi ZileXa, I am interested, if you want post your work I will be grateful to you. :)

Best regards.

Hi here are the files.

Use the 7zsd.sfx file from Oleg, the Antivir.7z file you can create using Cool400 script, and the config.txt file below.

Start > Run.. type CMD press ENTER. In the command line window, enter this command:

COPY /B 7zSD.sfx + config.txt + Antivir.7z Antivir.exe

The result is:

gui1hc6.png

w509.png

gui2fb7.png

w300.png

if you DON'T use silent switch, you wil get a notification window after Avira Antiv setup has finished (have to click OK) so you will know when installation is done. Don't have a screenshot of this window.)

If you use the -? switch you get this:

gui3va5.png

w521.png

Actually the info above is incorrect! the -y is indeed the silent switch, but if you also want to hide extraction progressbar use -y -gm2. I fixed this in my installer, just to lazy to update the screenshot.

And ofcourse you need ResHacker to modify the icon and version info. I also use UPX.exe to make the installer a little bit smaller.

You can download my installer here:

http://ifile.it/9q81nb7/avira_antivir.exe

Here's the config.txt so you can create your own:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
Title="Avira AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus"
ExtractTitle="Avira AntiVir Personal"
BeginPrompt="This One-Click Easy Installer contains Avira anti-virus Personal including the latest updates.\n\t\tPlease click Y e s to start installing Avira Antivir Personal!\n\n\t\t\t(use the -? switch for silent options)"
ExtractDialogText="Extracting files for installation, please wait..."
ExtractCancelText="Cancel extraction"
RunProgram="\"%%T\\basic\\setup.exe\" /inf=\"%%T\\setup.inf\""
RunProgram=hidcon:cmd /c cacls "\"C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avnotify.exe\" /e /d Everyone"
OverwriteMode="0"
GUIFlags="6176"
FinishMessage="Antivir Antivirus installation finished successfully!"
HelpText="Antivir Antivirus One-Click Installer will install an up-to-date version of Antivir • No pop-ups! • \n\n_______________________________________\n\nSwitches for silent install: -y\nAnd to supress extraction progressbar also use -gm2\n\n_______________________________________\n\nEasy Installer created by ZileXa.\n(c) 2008-2009 ZileXa[at]myrealbox[dot]com\n\nThanks to Cool400 for his Avira antivir script & installer creator.\nThanks to Oleg_Sch for his incredible 7z SFX module."
;!@InstallEnd@!

The regtweaks to prevent popup after updates didn't work for me so I removed them from the config file above.

BTW I recommend you do the following because Avira wil not always install since it cannot find the .key file. This is caused by the fact that in the .INF file you have to give the full static path to the key. But you cannot predict the name of the temporary folder created by the 7z extractor:

after extracting the original Avira setup file, I copy the key file from the root to the basic folder.

In the INF file, I don't give a location to the key file, just the filename. This way the installer is not bound to static locations of the temp file. Besides, using 7zsfx you cannot predict the temporary extracted folder.

This way Avira will always get installed. But it does produce blue error screen at T13. So I also install at first guiboot.

You can use the INF file that I attached, just don't forget to move the key file to the 'basic' folder.

Download my Easy Installer here:

http://ifile.it/9q81nb7/avira_antivir.exe

Edited by ZileXa

Check my previous post:

I modified my config.txt file because of errors and I also added a tip for the key file to make sure Avira will always get installed (except @T13, gives a blue error screen, I don't know why and I cannot prevent it so don't install at T13).

Jonath you can use the script in the first post. If that doesn't work for you, check this thread.

You can use my installer but it is in English. http://ifile.it/9q81nb7/avira_antivir.exe

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Experts,

I am totally new to this forum & need extreme support from all of u. I don't even know whetere my question is on right or wrong place.

My question is "I've recently downloaded Avira_AntiVir_Professional_2008_-_v8[1].1.0.606 alongwith Key file, It was quoted that Key is valid upto Year 2014. But during installation Avira says Invalid Key".

I've read almost all advices given in this forum, but its out of my limited understanding.

Pls pls pls someone help me to install Avira properly.

Bunch of Thanks In Advance &

Always Keep Smiling

Dear Experts,

I am totally new to this forum & need extreme support from all of u. I don't even know whetere my question is on right or wrong place.

My question is "I've recently downloaded Avira_AntiVir_Professional_2008_-_v8[1].1.0.606 alongwith Key file, It was quoted that Key is valid upto Year 2014. But during installation Avira says Invalid Key".

I've read almost all advices given in this forum, but its out of my limited understanding.

Pls pls pls someone help me to install Avira properly.

Bunch of Thanks In Advance &

Always Keep Smiling

Your key is a pirated one.Use free version of Antivir.It is good enough....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I updated my post to integrate a solution to get rid of the annoying ad after every update.

But I did NOT test it!

I added this command (as a RunProgram command) to the CONFIG.TXT file:

cacls "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avnotify.exe" /e /d Everyone

Ofcourse anyone can use this command on any pc with Avira installed, anytime, to remove the add. What it does is change the permissons of the avnotify.exe file, wich is responsible for the ads. Source of this trick.

check my post:

install Avira Antivir silent & remove ad

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...