Avira Antivir 8 Free - complete silent and unattended!

cool400

I have made a script that downloads the newest Antivir 8-programfiles and definitions and creates an always up-to-date, complete silent, self-installing 7Zip-SFX-archive for the use with WPI, ComfortInstaller or simply manual installation.

Additionally you can choose to create an nLite-Addon - I think it will also work with RyanVM-Integrator (but I don't use it, so test it out yourself ;))

You can choose where Antivir should be installed and where your Windows is installed (needed for the TEMP-files)!

Simply download the script here and start it anywhere. After the script has finished you will find your SFX/Addon in the folder where you started if from!

I would be glad about your feedback :)

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

EDIT: script-date 24/04/2008, MD5-checksum: BE840FC262B1264EE35F4F6077DEBF70

Edited by cool400

Worked on a basic XP Pro system for me. I'm baffled at how cool this little utility is. One could distribute the means for making a silent isntaller without actually "distributing" the software product - so you don't mess with anyone's licensing terms. Awesome and works. Thanks!

@moongoon

Thanks for the flowers :)

Right now I'm looking for a way to build an Addon-Maker for AVG 8 Free Edition with up-to-date virus-definitions - maybe I've got some results in the nearest future!

Best regards

cool400 B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, r0sWell, for your compliments :)

I'm not a coder-guy, I simply grabbed all the stuff I've seen a while ago - e.g. ricktendo64's WinRAR-Addon-Maker - and some basic-knowledge from my BartPE-experience (I developed some plugins for this great project in the past) and hoped, you may like this tool!

Best regards and happy weekend

cool400 B)

Indeed ! Very good script :-)

But.... (Yes there's a little but)

Executable don't works at all.... with an unattended xp installation during runonceex nothing is installed :blink: (runonceex = first gui logon after OOBE). This is really strange ! Maybe this is due to Temp directory or something like this (i said this but i've not verified only pure suggestion not verified lol)

The same executable works fine in xp for "usual" installation by doing a double click (that's why i think after OOBE / Runonceex.cmd: Temp dir or something like this screw the installation)

Any idea ?

ps: sorry for my bad english :whistle:

Could you please tell me what you're doing to include Antivir 8 in your setup-process?

I would be glad if someone can cofirm if the Antivir-addon works for her/him while the Windows XP-setup!

Best regards

Could you please tell me what you're doing to include Antivir 8 in your setup-process?

I would be glad if someone can cofirm if the Antivir-addon works for her/him while the Windows XP-setup!

Best regards

I tried it with nLite and it crashed with a blue screen at T-13, WinXP SP2. Tried the silent installer repacked with a different .cab maker, same thing, blue screen crash at T-13 . Installs fine from windows desktop. Will try again with WinXP SP3.

Nice program though.

I tried it with nLite and it crashed with a blue screen at T-13, WinXP SP2. Tried the silent installer repacked with a different .cab maker, same thing, blue screen crash at T-13 . Installs fine from windows desktop. Will try again with WinXP SP3.

the same for me.

packed a .7z addon for nlite

integrated into a XP SP3 iso

BSOD at T-13 :-(

i had the same error with the addon from rado345 here

http://www.msfn.org/board/Index-of-ALL-my-...008-t85566.html

Hello cool400 !

I've reused your script for building a new exe without changing anything of course using "C drive and C:\Program files")

then tested an installation into Vbox (virtualbox) with the usual stuff (roe.cmd...)

(all others elements of roe is installed perfectly! this is not a problem with my roe script)

It still don't works erf ! Avira is not installed at all, and installer lauch/shutdown immediatly !

Of course after ROE logon, in explorer I've installed it successfully by double clicking on the file lol

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WIN51IP.SP3 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Software Installation" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Avira 8 PE" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Soft\Avira\AV8_Silent.exe" /f

blabla...

Very strange ! Maybe something with Temp destination... is not working ?

Anyway great script but sadly unusefull in a xp unattend install using ROE...

I hope you'll find a solution to this :thumbup

Up ^^

In my previous test I create the installer package (using your script) with XPSP3 installed on D: drive (using D:\Temp\Antivir8_AOM.exe for creating the installer) and using options:

C:\Program files

C:\Windows

This don't work, I don't know why... Maybe installer creating on "D drive"... become broken if preconfigured with C Drive and build with D partition ?

So I used the script in C:\Temp INTO a virtual machine (xpsp3) with Virtualbox.

C:\Temp\Antivir8_AOM.exe

and choosing "C:\Program files & C:\Windows", as usual... then I've test ROE installation by putting this into registry:

(after this close and relaod your session or reboot for testing the ROE installation)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\01]

"01"="C:\\\\Temp\\\\AV8_Silent.exe"

And... its working ^^

So I mean if using your script to install Avira PE on "C Drive", installer should be create on "C Drive" too, don't ask me why, I don't know, but it works lol

Hope this help ^^

PS: I've not tested any addon installer... I'm not using it.

• 4 weeks later...

This rules on high above all that which does not suck! Only thing I had trouble with was my AVG resident shield blocked AVGSilent.exe at the end!

Edit: I too am getting the BSOD.

Edit: OK, I got it to work by using runonce. Good grief, I didn't even read the post that close, for some reason I thought it was AVG 8! Google search. Well, this AV looks decent...

Edited by Xaneth