SP3 is now on Technet/MSDN

MrCobra

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe

size 331,805,736 bytes

crc32 c411a9da

md5 bb25707c919dd835a9d9706b5725af58

sha-1 c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4

All that info is correct, well at least with the file I have...

There's already an update for SP3 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Edited by kickarse

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe

size 331,805,736 bytes

crc32 c411a9da

md5 bb25707c919dd835a9d9706b5725af58

sha-1 c81472f7eeea2eca421e116cd4c03e2300ebfde4

All that info is correct!

There's already an update for SP3 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

:wacko:

Many many thanks ... so i´m not crazy ... yeah i´ve got the real XP SP3 RTM :D

Just waiting for Brazilian version !!!

I´m back to the scene now ... :hello:

I wonder if Softpedia will be forced to take down hosting of SP3 RTM??

Anyways, that version is legit. Installed, WinVer gives a build 5512. MSInfo32 gives a Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600. Just the same as Paul Thurrott's screen shots.

OH, and a great program for hashes is called Hash Tab http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/

Edited by kickarse

I doubt that Softpedia will be forced to remove the links.

SP3 RTM is now openly available on MajorGeeks also.

Careful Witt you might be banned for posting a link...

Edited by kickarse

Has anyone tried to install this service pack on WindowsXP SP2 Media Center Edition? I am under the impression that those who use Windows XP media center edition have to wait to actually get it off of auto downloads from Microsoft for some reason. Just wondering if this will work on the Media Center Edition or not?

Thanks everyone,

Dakota

Has anyone noticed or expirenced a problem with doing updates post SP3 slipstreaming? I took and nLite’d our Windows XP SP2 VL cd straight to SP3. Upon hitting Microsoft Update to pull missing hotfixes/drivers, IE7 was not even on the list of recommended or critical hotfixes needed by the os installation. Any ideas??

And another thing, I guess only select MSDN/Technet subscribers have it on their downloads list. I have a Technet Plus subscription and another guy here has MSDN. Neither of ours showed SP3 listed in any capacity, but a phone call to another friend showed up on his. Just curious to know if others noticed this, or good ‘ol M$ just doesn’t have any love for me. L8r’z.

@cluberti,

What's up with the recommendation to have SP2 installed before SP3? In the past service packs have been all inclusive so I'm just wondering why there would be a recommendation to have SP2 installed first.

You need SP1 or SP2, but that's it. It will slipstream properly into RTM media, but to install onto a running system you need SP1 or SP2 installed.

And another thing, I guess only select MSDN/Technet subscribers have it on their downloads list. I have a Technet Plus subscription and another guy here has MSDN. Neither of ours showed SP3 listed in any capacity, but a phone call to another friend showed up on his. Just curious to know if others noticed this, or good 'ol M$ just doesn't have any love for me. L8r'z.
It's not directly on the Windows XP page. You have to go into Top Downloads. It's the very first one listed there.
@cluberti,

What's up with the recommendation to have SP2 installed before SP3? In the past service packs have been all inclusive so I'm just wondering why there would be a recommendation to have SP2 installed first.

You need SP1 or SP2, but that's it. It will slipstream properly into RTM media, but to install onto a running system you need SP1 or SP2 installed.

Yeah, see...that's what I don't get. If an SP is "all inclusive" I would assumed it would install whatever it needed from SP1 or SP2 to get it installed. But that's just my thinking... :whistle:

No big deal anyway because everyone should have SP2...I was just wondering.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

Has anyone tried to install this service pack on WindowsXP SP2 Media Center Edition? I am under the impression that those who use Windows XP media center edition have to wait to actually get it off of auto downloads from Microsoft for some reason. Just wondering if this will work on the Media Center Edition or not?

Thanks everyone,

Dakota

Still working fine.