SP3 is now on Technet/MSDN

MrCobra

LOL Microsoft gave in to the pressure :D

IMO, it's finished, so it should be put out there. I see no sense in an RTM and then a RTW a week later. But hey, nobody ever said MSFT made any sense.

yeah, so anyone know if they have released all languages on connect or msdn?

damian666

Additional languages won't be released until a later time.

Edited by MrCobra

Great ... just because i lost my universal account after i leave my company.

s*** ...

Btw, links to the RTM English is all over the WareZ sites ... and even softpedia posted the direct link download to english, japanese and german ... jap/german links are official links from Download center ... i want my Portuguese-BR ...

Heh - it's still not in the list of XP service packs in the new interface, but it's available from the "Top downloads" link. :wacko:

Bleh @ the new interface. Ok, the only real beef I have with it is the new menu. Once you select a product it's actually a bit of an improvement...I just don't like the process of selecting the product...and the "What's New" list has been neutered.

Btw, links to the RTM English is all over the WareZ sites ... and even softpedia posted the direct link download to english, japanese and german ... jap/german links are official links from Download center ... i want my Portuguese-BR ...
Let's not get this thread edited/closed too... :rolleyes:

Note that the final SP3 stand-alone en-us installation package is 331MB, not 316MB. The softpedia link does NOT have the final english package. That's the last I'm saying about this.

Are you Sure about that ... !?

xpsp3usbo3.jpg

xpsp3dllvr5.jpg

I´m just finishing up manual slipstream of US version ... working like a charm !

well, now you make me confused man :wacko:

what is it now? it looks like neo is right, but knowing cluberti, he cant be mistaken...

anyone want to shed a light on this?

WITHOUT getting this thread closed?

Damian666

Edited by damian666

I'm looking at the final XP SP3 .exe file, and the en-us version of the file is 331MB from Microsoft. There are other 5512 packages that may be smaller, but they aren't the actual RTM released package as far as I can tell. Not only that but other links I've found out there are actually 3311 packages too, at approximately 312 - 316MB...

I suppose anything is possible, but the package on the ISO from Microsoft (and anyone with MSDN / Technet can check it too) is 331MB. The last RC was 316MB.

I suppose anything is possible, but the package on the ISO from Microsoft (and anyone with MSDN / Technet can check it too) is 331MB. The last RC was 316MB.

Ummm...

The one I downloaded from MSDN this morning is 316MB. The ISO itself is 544MB.

ISO = 571,322,368 bytes / 1024 = 557,932 KB / 1024 = 544MB

EXE = 331,805,736 bytes / 1024 = 324,030 KB / 1024 = 316MB

If that's wrong please tell me now before I install it. :)

Well ...

That´s strange ... anyway .. most files i´ve checked out are saying 5512 on build information.

Also the integration looks ok, no problem ... even my VLK Corporate Key worked right ;) it reports the say Paul´s WinSuperSite reports. anything else i could use to check if that´s the true build 5512 !?

Btw, anyone have the MD5 hash of the msdn file !?

This is the one i´ve download !!!

FILE: WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe

SIZE: 331,805,736 bytes in 1 file

MD5: BB25707C919DD835A9D9706B5725AF58

SHA1: C81472F7EEEA2ECA421E116CD4C03E2300EBFDE4

BTW:

I´ve checked the file from some warez site, and some respectable Scene Groups ... everything looks like the same, ... the same size, hash, build information ... and so on. Just to clarify ... there are also some Integrated ISO´s flying around the warez scene from the same groups ... everything looks real ;)

Edited by Neo - Matrix