SP3 How to slipstream IE7 and WMP 11 first and then SP3 ?

Outbreaker

HI :)

People say that SP3 has IE7 Updates also in it should i include IE7 first and the SP3 ?

And has SP3 also WMP11 Updates in it ?

I tried already, slipstreamed wm11 and IE7 onto a sp2 and then slipstreamed sp3 rtm, came out that this overwrited the new files with the old stuff from IE6 and WIndows Media 9 Lol Dint work for me...

What i also dont understand is if i Install a SP3 CD and then install IE7 and go to Windows Update Center and check for updates then is see no updates O_o

Well I think thats how it is, I did like this, and i had some updates but dint see which was it, becouse i dint activate with my valid key, I use Vmware...

And I dont think there where updates for IE7 AND WM11 becouse they would have put them in the service pack wich they dint, also if you update your disc installation you see that there are not IE7 and WM11 anyway, so no there is no updates for this APP...

What i also dont understand is if i Install a SP3 CD and then install IE7 and go to Windows Update Center and check for updates then is see no updates O_o

I've wondered the same, but just thought that M$ updated the installers for IE and WMP at their download center... :unsure: It's an assumption...

Yeah! I want to know what's the best way to get Windows XP SP3 with IE7 and WMP11 from a good old XP RTM disc... What's the slipstreaming order?

I've been working on this most of the day. This is the order I've tried and still don't have it working right:

Slipstream SP3 into SP2 media

OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.1.0_ENU_Only_for_SP3.7z

xable_WGAV-v1.3_addon.cab

Made ISO and tested ok. Shows .NET, Root Cert Update, WMP11, and April Malicious Software Update on Windows Update site.

Ran Booggy's WMP11 Slipstreamer on source.

Made ISO again and tested. OOBE fails to run at startup. On first login with Admin account when trying to configure WMP it errors on registering a file. Default Windows profile does not load correctly and no access to internet and no links to IE on the startup menu.

Well I guess back to the drawing board.

I did SP3 on a Gold source.

Added IE7 And a bunch of addons.

Ran boooggys' slipstreamer with Just WMP11

all went fine.

Don't you think it would be good to reapply the SP3 after adding IE7 and WMP11?? Just to make sure that all files are updated? Or would it just dump SP3 files and ovewrite IE7 with IE6 files?

EVEN IF NOT SURE GIVE ME YOUR OPINION!

Edited by petersaints

May someone please provide a definitive answer for us?

IE7 first or SP3 first? :unsure:

I tried IE7 and WMP11 before SP3 and received the following error while integrating SP3.

service pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated software update

Ok people stop and use common sense. Ok?

SP3 DOES NOT include IE7 or WMP11 thus chances for IE7 and WMP11 updates for being ins sp3 are like 1 percent lol! That is why you should add IE7 and WMP11 afterwards so you could overwrite old files and replace it with new ones + updates for those. And if you did it that way you won't have any problems just like Kell say few posts above...

So for conclusion add SP3 on CLEAN XP cd source and THEN you can add IE7 and WMP11 and that is all you need to worry about! So simple....and everything will work fine. :hello:

SP3 supposedly includes all updates for IE7 and WMP11. Otherwise people could still have vulnerabilities after applying SP3. It would've been better if they'd just included IE7 and WMP11 in SP3. Apparently these updates aren't useful for slipstreaming. :wacko:

Edit: After examining SP3, I don't see any updates for IE7 or WMP11. Shrug.

Edited by HiDefHusker