wmp11 confusion

twig

hi there

im just wondering why wmp11 causes so much trouble with slipstreaming.

ive done some reading and experimented with the process a bit already, and its got something to do with the WGA and the hotfixes included with it which patch the theme files.

i know boogey's done some slipstreamer to help automate part of the process, but some questions arise if im updating a vanilla copy of xp (plain, no sp)

1. i cant install wmp11 first because it needs sp2 files

2. if i integrate sp2 into my xp setup files, i cant use the wmp11 slipstreamer

3. if i integate wmp11, wouldnt it negate the effects of the nlite patching software and replace the patched settings (ie. uxtheme.dll patch for custom themes) and replace it with one from the wmp11 hotfix?

2. if i integrate sp2 into my xp setup files, i cant use the wmp11 slipstreamer

3. if i integate wmp11, wouldnt it negate the effects of the nlite patching software and replace the patched settings (ie. uxtheme.dll patch for custom themes) and replace it with one from the wmp11 hotfix?

#2 Huh?? SP2 is preffered if not required.

#3 Theres a uxtheme.dll file in a media player hotfix???

Please read the following closely:

WMP slipstreamer (EVEN while using the vanilla choice) doesnt mess up you previous nLite settings as long as you have not removed the native WMP.

I have used the slipstreamer a minimum of 100 times on live install and 100's of times on VM installs. Using both the vanilla and tweaked setup.

The best way for you to answer your question is to do it for yourself and then test it in a virtual envioroment.