How can I integrate other Vista updates

cawx

Hello together,

at first sorry, for my bad english and now to my question. I include the Vista SP1 in my Vista ultimate x86 DVD and it works fine (thanks to Dino Nuhagic). If I am searching for updtes (Microsoft Update), I get also other updates like "Windows Dreamscene", "Silverlight" and so on. Is there a way to integrate this updates, too? Because I can't extract the exe-files (for examle "silverlight_offline.exe") to get the cab-files. I would like to have all updates for vistaultimate in my vista-dvd integrated.

thanks for your help.

CU cawx

Edited by cawx

Hello together,

at first sorry, for my bad english and now to my question. I include the Vista SP1 in my Vista ultimate x86 DVD and it works fine (thanks to Dino Nuhagic). If I am searching for updtes (Microsoft Update), I get also other updates like "Windows Dreamscene", "Silverlight" and so on. Is there a way to integrate this updates, too? Because I can't extract the exe-files (for examle "silverlight_offline.exe") to get the cab-files. I would like to have all updates for vistaultimate in my vista-dvd integrated.

thanks for your help.

CU cawx

*Choose the option "download but let me choose if to install" option in Windows Update.

*Search for Updates

*When updates downloaded do not install them yet.

*Go to: C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download .There may be .cab or extensionless files.Add .rar or .zip extension to the extensionless files and extract .cab files inside.

*Integrate .cab files with vLite(under hotfixes tab).Vlite shows what cab files they are(name,size,version,date etc)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I tried this on my vLite'd Vista Ultimate x64. I really wanted to integrate the Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 so I don't have to keep screwing around and installing it. The thing is though, even by following the above instructions and renamingy it to a .RAR file (only format that would open and display a folder tree), I can't find any *.CAB files inside the original archive. WinRAR itself says the orginal archive is a CAB file, so I renamed it to <randomlettersandnumbers>.CAB, vLite still can't recognise it as an update. Even though it came direct from my <SoftwareDistribution\Download> folder.

I haven't yet seen any other updates for my system after installing SP1, so I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, or if WMDC 6.1 just can't be integrated.

Anyone have any ideas?