BSOD when trying to install XP using USB_MultiBoot_8.cmd

I have a Asus Eee PC 2G Surf (which has no cd/dvd drives) and i tried to install XP Home Ed w/ SP2 on it. I used nLite (using this guide and this one), made an ISO and followed this guide which uses USB_MultiBoot_8.cmd.

everything went well until i tried to install it. i changed boot priority to the usb in bios. Pressed Esc on boot, selected my usb drive to boot from. selected the 1st TXT option. it loads XP installation (the normal blue screen that says windows setup at the top). then all of a sudden it crashes and i get BSOD that says the following:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer.

SESSION3_INTIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If this is a nw installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer

for any windwos updates you might need.

If probelms contuine, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or sfotware. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart

your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select

Safe Mode.

Technial information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC00000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

i dont no where the problem occured, maybe something i did in nLite or while creating the usb boot.

ive tried using 2 different usb thumb drivers - Verbatim Store n' Go 512mb and PNY Attaché 2gb both with the same error.

ive searched this forums for answers without finding any, so sorry if theres already a post about this.

any ideas on how to fix this?

if no one finds a way im thinking of 2 other ways to try to install xp, either use a full install of XP instead of a nLited version or use a USB-HDD (which is an external drive right?)

Edited by Jerry_03

I used nLite using this guide and followed this guide

i dont no where the problem occured, maybe something i did in nLite or while creating the usb boot.

Did you take care of this:

Do not check Manual Install and Upgrade, if you want to install XP from USB pendrive according to http://www.eeeguides.com/2007/11/installin...-usb-thumb.html. This cannot be emphasized enough. If you have trouble installing using a USB flash drive, check this setting first!

In Both Guides for using nLite I see that

Operating System Options > Manual Install and Upgrade is Checked for Removal,

which is wrong for Install of XP from USB, as indicated even in the second guide (See Quote).

Edited by wimb

i just decided to go with a full install of XP using the multiboot and apparently it was something i did in nlite cause the full installation of xp works and im currently loading programs onto it.

thanks anyway.

Good decision ;)

After Install of XP, from cmd Window Run SFC /purgecache which deletes the dll cache and

which is a very simple way to reduce the WINDOWS Folder Size by 360 MB

The Result is a XP WINDOWS Folder Size on Harddisk of only 785 MB inclusive all Updates.

Edited by wimb