Integrating SP3

LooieENG

Ummm that requirement is for a PRE-installed and running system...

If you try to install it on a system installed with XP gold it will tell you SP1a at least is REQUIRED.

I am currently on an SP3 final system that was integrated on a gold disk.

To install SP3, your computer must meet the hardware and operating system requirements listed below. In addition, your computer must at least be running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 installed.

We recommended that you have Service Pack 2 installed before installing SP3.

See this means installed and installing, not slipstreaming.

Hi Kel,

I am having very weird issues with an XP Gold slipstreamed with SP3, pointing to weirdness with addons integrated with nLite. One of those addons happens to be your UberPack 12 (I mention it because it does integrate seemingly OK but the pack never makes it into the final, installed OS). Many things are also missing, such as WMI control, IIS, and weirdest of all, user names in the process view of Task Manager. None of the old Mrs. Peel addons make it, most of yours, some of mine... it's a mess.

I just did a test with the same addons but with an SP2 source, and everything works as advertised... Are you seeing any of this weirdness with your own addons on your SP3 source?

FYI: I notice that the resulting DVD will suck because the test VM doesn't respond to PING until after the 2nd reboot after RUNONCEEX...

Edited by Pistolero

Yaknow whats super weird? Did you make this disk onna Vista or 2008 machine? Apearantly that makes a huge difference because of the Existing windows "api's" or some weird shiat like that.

I was having isues with it not taking my legit key untill I slipstreamed my disk on my xp boot parttition. So if you are having those issues and am using a current OS then I suggest trying to make your BASE (The SP3 iso) in an xp or older machine.

As for the rest I included NO hotfixes just IE7 WMP11 & the usual bunch of addons I use (lemme grab the list)

Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v8.2.1.cab

Kels_CursorXP_v1.3a_Addon.CAB

Kels_Personal_addon.CAB

Kels_Runtimes_addon_v4.1.cab

Kels_Uber_addon_v12.cab

Kels_VistaDriveIndicator_addon_v2.2.CAB

Kels_VMware6Tools_6.0.3.80004_Addon.CAB

Ricks_SpywareBlaster4.0_AddOn_80423.7z

And they are all working very nicely.

I have a problem integrating SP3. I use a vanilla SP2 CD, latest nLite, Language English, verified the MD5 Sum of WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe.

Extraction Failed - Unable to find a volume with enough disk space for file extraction.

I have 5,32GB of free space available and think this has to be enough :blink:

I think I'll go for SP0 + SP2 + SP3 + IE7 + WMP11... There's no reason for SP1a I think! I have used direct SP0 to SP2 slipstreaming for years without a problem. It seems that SP3 is pseudo cumulative... It has 99% of the other service packs but not really EVERYTHING.

But do you think going for SP0 + SP1a + SP2 + SP3 + IE7 + WMP11 would be a better choice?

Yaknow whats super weird? Did you make this disk onna Vista or 2008 machine? Apearantly that makes a huge difference because of the Existing windows "api's" or some weird shiat like that.

I was having isues with it not taking my legit key untill I slipstreamed my disk on my xp boot parttition. So if you are having those issues and am using a current OS then I suggest trying to make your BASE (The SP3 iso) in an xp or older machine.

As for the rest I included NO hotfixes just IE7 WMP11 & the usual bunch of addons I use (lemme grab the list)

Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v8.2.1.cab

Kels_CursorXP_v1.3a_Addon.CAB

Kels_Personal_addon.CAB

Kels_Runtimes_addon_v4.1.cab

Kels_Uber_addon_v12.cab

Kels_VistaDriveIndicator_addon_v2.2.CAB

Kels_VMware6Tools_6.0.3.80004_Addon.CAB

Ricks_SpywareBlaster4.0_AddOn_80423.7z

And they are all working very nicely.

Nope... running under good old XP SP2 to create the install media... One thing I found out is that disabling nLite patching system files (TCPIP hack, SFC disabling, etc) then I can ping the test VM @ around T-16, which is promising. But older addons still seem to kill the install :-(

Edited by Pistolero