Problems with unattended NIS2005 & TP-Link

Teh_Tech

Hi!

I am having probsdoing an unattended installation of NIS 2005, I used the post described here: http://www.msfn.org/board/FIX-for-Norton-A...ecurity+2005%5C

This worked perfectly, then I accidentally formatted the DVD, and now cannot get it working again :(

The other problem I have is with my Laptop wireless software, TP-Link, I tried to use USSF.exe from WPI, and the prgram says its an InstallShield 2003 Package, tells me to use the following: "Setup.exe" /s /v"/qb" but this just runs the setup program, and then exits doing nothing.

The additional notes say: You can also try to retrieve the .MSI file from the temp folder during installation,

then install with: msiexec.exe /i setup.msi /qb BUT there is NO .msi for this.

I am appealing for ANY help at all, as these 2 just need to be fixed to complete my unattended setup.

Thanks in advance :)

First: provide a link for TP-Link software.

Thanks for replying so quick!

erm, the url to download the software is Here and the model/serial is: TL-WN56GX, but it is not listed on the website, and when I go into DeviceManager or if I use Everest, the only information I get is: TP-LINK 11b/g Wireless Adapter as I bought 2 of these mini-PCI cards off fleebay, 1 for my laptop and the other from my partner.

I have even tried to use InstallRite to capture the installation & the adding of thenetwork profiles, but ANY system I have tried that on has somehow crahsed the installation, as it boots to the login screen, then once you have entered your password, you get the normal desktop screen, but before it loads the taskbaror desktop, it just freezes, the caps &other lights work when pressed, but no other actions work.

Thank you so much and I await your reply.

Any helpful info on NIS2005 too please?

I tried one of those installers. It's Installshield without msi. Check this link to learn how to handle it.

Basically you need to run Setup.exe from one of those folders (Win2000_XP), goto Temp folder and check for a folder named Disk1. Copy that folder and run setup.exe with switch /r or -r etc.

If you want just the drivers you can inject them in Windows source.

Edited by radix

I tried one of those installers. It's Installshield without msi. Check this link to learn how to handle it.

Basically you need to run Setup.exe from one of those folders (Win2000_XP), goto Temp folder and check for a folder named Disk1. Copy that folder and run setup.exe with switch /r or -r etc.

If you want just the drivers you can inject them in Windows source.

Thanks for that information!

I did at first integrate the drivers, but when everythng has loaded, I go to device manager and it says there is no networking devices, even though it has installed the drivers for the wireless AND the onboard giggabit lan too, so I have no idea what is going on here.