IE7 shows menubar after nLite

odyssey5

1. After integrating IE7 with nLite, the menubar is showing as default setting - How can I prevent this (i guess a registry key or something)?

- Solved, found the regkey here: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\AlwaysShowMenus

2. Is it possible to add Google as the default search provider in IE7 (in the upper right search box)

It seem to use a regkey located here: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes but it seem to use a CSID string to make each provider unique. Should it be possible to simply use one of the generated strings in another installation? Please post if you know anything about this (search doesn't reveal much useful info on this matter).

3. How can I integrate the ActiveX control and software that Windows Update needs before it can search for updates after installing?

- Solved: Microsoft Update x64 Addon

4. How do I enable QuickLaunch on the taskbar?

- Seem to be some weird registry value containing a CSID string - Not sure if that would be unique to every system? HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Discardable\PostSetup\Component Categories64\{00021492-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\Enum\Implementing)

5. How do I enable the statusbar in explorer windows?

- Solved, found the regkey here: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\StatusBarOther

I wonder why nLite has so many settings, and yet not includes these last two options? :blink:

N.B. I use XP x64 - No SP3.

Edit: Updated with answers, thanks to the regmon util - Not the search function!

Edited by odyssey5