Compilation of Creative Sound Blaster Live! drivers for Windows 9x

Hi RJARRRPCGP, I don't think the SB0100 is in the installer INF.

Can you post your card's PCI ID.

I, too, own the SB0100...

I've attached a registry file of the SB0100 keys found under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI

Hopefully this will help :).

SB0100.reg

Edited by whatever420

I have model SB0100, which is a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1.

Anyone else gotten the drivers installed and installed properly with the SB0100?

I've attached a registry file of the SB0100 keys found under...

Thanks for the info whatever420! I've compiled an experimental set of drivers for the SB0100.

See First Post

Let me know how they go.

...What about the apps? Is threr surround mixer update for the vxd drivers ? I would like to try it...

I did some testing some time ago with the new apps - varying success.

I'll re-test all the new apps and post those that work well with the VxD drivers.

I have nearly a gig of Live! drivers and apps (all downloaded from Creative US, Eur, Asia, Aus, over the years)

It'll take some time, so stay tuned! B)

I have model SB0100, which is a SoundBlaster Live! 5.1.

Anyone else gotten the drivers installed and installed properly with the SB0100?

I've attached a registry file of the SB0100 keys found under...

Thanks for the info whatever420! I've compiled an experimental set of drivers for the SB0100.

See First Post

Let me know how they go.

...What about the apps? Is threr surround mixer update for the vxd drivers ? I would like to try it...

I did some testing some time ago with the new apps - varying success.

I'll re-test all the new apps and post those that work well with the VxD drivers.

I have nearly a gig of Live! drivers and apps (all downloaded from Creative US, Eur, Asia, Aus, over the years)

It'll take some time, so stay tuned! B)

Wow over 1 gb...thats alot...hope you can scrap something for us...can't wait :D

Well, thanks to aLeXis' help, now I offer you here is the parametric EQ patch for emu10k1.vxd v. 4.12.01.0906... :w00t:

Here's how to proceed:

1) Confirm that you do have emu10k1.vxd v. 4.12.01.0906: go to the folder it is in, right-click on emu10k1.vxd, choose Properties, then Version and confirm that it says "File Version: 4.12.01.0906" (without the inverted double commas). If it does not, this patch is not for you;

2) Download the freeware command-line utils.zip, from KanastaCorp, grab inside it just patch.exe and drop it into the \%windir%\command\ folder;

3) Download the emu0906.zip attached below, grab inside it emu0906.pat and drop it into the folder in which you have emu10k1.vxd v. 4.12.01.0906;

4) Still in that folder, rename emu10k1.vxd to emu10k1.ori

5) Start a DOS box, go to the folder in which you have emu10k1.ori, and run the following command from the DOS prompt:

patch -p emu10k1.ori emu0906.pat emu10k1.vxd

6)If everything went well, when you right-click on emu10k1.vxd, choose Properties, then Version, you'll will see that the copyright line now says "1998-2008", instead of "1998-2000"... That is to help identify the patched file from an unpatched one.

7) Enjoy! :yes:

Of course, as always, the standard disclaimer applies: It works great for me, but YMMV and I can guarantee nothing whatsoever about this patch, and about the use you make of it. So, by deciding to apply it you fully accept that anything you do is of YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY... Hence, if after performing this mod your pc morphs into a purple mushroom and explodes, causing a 10-day worldwide blackout and leaving the whole world's population tone deaf in the process, it's your fault only, you know you can't blame me for it! You have been warned.

emu0906.zip

what about wdm drivers based on emu10k.sys? i need for my machine wdm drivers - for quad repro it is almost impossible to use VxDs. also your drivers worked as expected. good for stereo, but hard to work with surround settings (set wavedevce instead of directsound may solve that, but it causes other trouble with some sound formats)

also i prefer to use ASIO function for better sound with my sb0100 and that is available only with wdms...

what about wdm drivers based on emu10k.sys?...

AFAIK, The SB0100 was not supported with VxD drivers. The ones I have compiled are probably the only ones in existence...

I will look into compiling a current WDM driver set for SB0100 Live! 5.1 (EMU10K1) and Audigy (EMU10K2).

I currently use waveOut instead of Direct Sound for some applications like DVD playback to get quad speaker working properly.

It is necessary to have the multichannel Windows 98SE patch (269601/242937) installed to get more than stereo working in most cases.

Auto-Patcher 98 has this patch in the core system updates.

BTW, dencorso, great work on the eq patch!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a whole Creative installation cd that came with one of my SB0100 cards! I used to copy it to my hard drive, change the AUDIO.INI from 98SE/ME USE WDM 1 to 98SE/ME USE WDM 0 (something like that as it's been ages and I don't remember exactly what the line said. I just changed the 1 to a 0). Then running setup would install the VXD driver along with the good old SB16 within Windows emulation just like the older cd's did. The one that came with the SB0100 installed the WDM's by default. My tweak changed that.

It's an entire LiveWare package. I have no idea how I could get it to you, but I do have it. It came with the retail box that was smaller than the older SBLive boxes when the Audigy replaced the SBLive as their upscale line. But not as small as the even later packages of the SB0200 series.

So, if you could get this cd you'd have no need for all this tweaking and figuring as all the software and drivers are included. If I could figure out how to make an iso and then upload it somewhere that would allow that sized package free then I suppose we could make it happen. Do you know how I could do this for you? Either in Linux (where I suppose K3b could make the iso) or in 98SE (where I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition that I'm sure has that feature).

It's figuring out how to get it uploaded that I'm unsure of.

I'm sure you could just pack the required files in a *.rar, keeping the directory structure if needed, and then upload it. However, if you really wanna use an iso, here's a way to make one using Nero.

By the way, would anyone be interested with SB Live ! 24 bits (SB041) win98 drivers? I realised they were impossible to find online.

i was trying to run any 24bit creative sound card but i think that it is impossible.

but i was able to run WDM drivers intended for Audigy 1 so i get full surround support with them and also ASIO!

i dont intend to break the VXD scenery here, but how can i link these drivers here? i dont believe that i have downloaded them - they were at brothers cd, and were later updated...

i was trying to run any 24bit creative sound card but i think that it is impossible.

but i was able to run WDM drivers intended for Audigy 1 so i get full surround support with them and also ASIO!

i dont intend to break the VXD scenery here, but how can i link these drivers here? i dont believe that i have downloaded them - they were at brothers cd, and were later updated...

Well, we might have the same ones then but mine come from the original CD, they're the official original 24bits drivers but also work with Audigy LS (if I remember correctly). Oh, and I also run ASIO on top of them. Edited by glocK_94

Nice link there to Nero instructions. Funny that Linux's K3b seems to choose the proper settings automatically. The WinRAR idea is good too. I bought that long ago and always have it installed.

I was only mentioning this because I thought you guys might want the cd image being that you're going through all this trying to put together the drivers and software yourselves. Creative actually did it on the cd, but didn't release the driver or software on their download site. They do that a lot.

Well, if you want it I'd go through the work, either iso or rar. Just tell me if there's a nice free site that'll support uploading that size (full Creative install cd) and keeping it there for folks to download. I thought places like RapidShare want membership fees paid for larger files and also 100MB chunks.

A problem with this cd is they leave out Remote Center as the retail product SB0100 did not get a Platinum breakout box release so they didn't bother putting the software for the LiveDrive on the included cd. Creative always seems to try to make diversions from the norm as difficult as possible for their customers.