Win9x Developer team

What do you mean by sending messages to moderators
Well, some tried to provoke some negative actions from our side (the moderators), to take the 98 section down part by part.

Of course we won´t do his as MSFN and for example NeoWIN are the only 2 really active forums, in English language, that still support 95/98/98SE/ME. It would be nuts to take it apart. We are proud of the effort people put in these projects as long as it doesn´t violate any thing... you know what part I´m talking about...

ok lets talk about laws again.

i am going to contact a law attorney in my city to discuss the matter of any unnoficial support, hotfixes and new system features. Until i meet the lawyer i will not say what should be or not legal.

My contact:

mir-@post.cz

and now talk about work once again.

BIG QUESTION #1: Whatt should be the target system?

i personally prefer the Windows 98SE because of its stability and driver compatibility. We here have to discuss this, because it is very important. We cannot add system files from higher or lower windowses to any package, but i think it should be possible to redistribute some files which were released as redistributable patch or upgrade.

BIG QUESTION #2: How should we act?

we can act as we are doing right now - as persons. also we can act as some form of organized group. both have advantages and disadvantages... i really dont know how can be international group of PC users registered anywhere.

when i meet the attorney i will gladly respond most questions about the laws, i try to find somebody who knows international law and authorship law ...

to Mods:

well, i have seen before how was some lobbysts working for big software companies. Take care. As long i know noone here has taken any action to create warez like windows. everything here is adding new code or bringing hotfixes to users.

(jeez. now there is more than hundred hotfixes for win9x. imagine the hell when ms drops support for xp)

all whats happening in this topic is more about people and less about software...

Although ME goes much better with my laptop i'd say 98SE. Just for DOS. :) And it would be best for us to work as a group, that's why this thread was created in the first place.

Email: th3_un1qu3@digitalpowered.info

Yahoo ID: th3_un1qu3

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

:hello: Just'a sugesstion:stick to 98SE fundamentals;Especially Dos, and then move upwith each new update or add-on pack (like auto-patcher does where they would install on top of an older pack "with an uninstall feature or option to install if user wishes to use or not to use?")Check EULA's Carefully and add notice of EULA breakage so user knows what they are getting ,so its thier choice not yours!Then there is not the legal entanglements *this project will take alotta effort.Wish ya all luck! :thumbup Win98SE deserves the BEST WE Have To Offer It!!! :sneaky:thydreamwalker@yahoo.com

Took me some time to read the whole topic. Good intentions, I see... if only they wouldn't pave the road to you-know-where.

Remember what happened to the AutoPatcher project - the big one, not soporific's. Reason? "it could've, it' might've..." Don't even think for a split second that they wouldn't take this project down, should they feel threatened in some way.

Now as I'm tired after a blank night, there's only 3 issues to bring up before going to sleep:

1. I can't access the domain at this time; is it supposed to be available already?

2. As 7-zip compression has been mentioned, has anyone thought about adding 7-zip (LZMA, etc) support to Win9x, the way XP has zip built-in? There's a Total Commander plug-in created by Adam Strzelecky; might not be that hard to turn it into a system plug-in.

3. Primary focus should be on a heavy collection of hardware drivers. As long as 99.8% of the currently available hardware does not come with Win9x drivers anymore, there's little point in keeping the OS alive: old hardware dies and OS will die too without new HW driver support.

P.S. Get Miranda IM for realtime communication. Get accounts on any IM network you can, if you don't have them already. Or just get into a Jabber chatroom. I'm mr_drugwash @ jabber.org, just added my Jabber account in Miranda.

Now I'm goin' to sleep. Good luck! :thumbup

I don't know how the 0.1% of users still on w98 could treathen M$...

0,1%??? 1,4% :rolleyes: = over most Linux or Apple MAC!

Don't know where you took those stats from, but they aren't the same as the ones from w3schools or w3counter or... well, any large OS stat counter that I know of.

Here are the ones from w3school.

w3statshi4.png

Nowhere near 1.4% anymore, much closer to 0.1%, and not over Linux and Mac.