Win9x Developer team

so i dont want to pust to anybody, but i think that some disadvantages must be removed. the goals of for the any developing are clear to any user who will continue to use Win9x system further and improve its stability and functionality. many parts of this have been already archieved bat they are spreaded all over and it tooks hours to pick them all up...

Excellent post. What we should do first from that plan of yours is creating some proper documentation. The developers themselves can write the docs, and you don't need team work to document what you did yourself.

What do you say? Please ask the devs around here for more thorough documentation of their work, and we'll set it up nicely.

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

Well, dirtribution and translation to other languages is the last step indeed.

It is not necesary to make any first step in the development, I believe.

But in my book it is written to prepare documentation is last step.

We have quite some developments out already, and some of them really need more thorough documentation. Anyway, i'm pretty sure the docs about current developments should come first.

They say first

define a problem,

then make an algorithm,

code the program,

then test it for errors

and then prepare a documentation.

We have unofficial service packs, kernel enhancements and GUI modifications. Some of them don't have proper documentation, or it's scattered all over the place. We should compile the documentation for the existing enhancements first.

How can we create a documentation when the authors of these stuff are not helping us?

Well, the main idea was to ask them about that, but i don't know if anyone did this already. Anyway, the packs have readme files and such, KernelEx's "Notes" are enough documentation, what we have to do is get it all in one place, let's say, a dedicated site or a wiki page. For other undocumented packs, we have to browse around the forum for any clues and ask the authors for more docs.

I PM'ed our board's admin about the server. Let's see what he can do for us. ;)

Edit: I got our domain. HTTP: http://win9xdev.digitalpowered.info

FTP: ftp://www.digitalpowered.info/

FTP Username: <protected> (PM for details)

FTP Password: <protected>

PhpMyAdmin: https://p3smysqladmin01.secureserver.net/p41/13

SQL Database: <protected>

SQL Username: <protected>

SQL Password: <protected>

SQL Host: p41mysql13.secureserver.net (not localhost!)

The features:

Bandwidth: 50,000 MB

Diskspace: 1,000 MB

MySQL: 1 Database

Operating System: Linux

Server IP Address: 68.178.254.122

People who wish to manage the server and start installing stuff on it please PM me and i'll give you the login details.

wow. that actually sounds really excellent!

Does anyone know how to combine those packs in a single pack.And a superior compression technology should be used

Gzip,Bzip2,7Zip

i typically use .rar, but since my WinRAR program has started popping up the "buy me" message, I'm probably going to move to .7z, pretty soon. so maybe use 7z? most people do have 7zip, on this forum.

Edited by puntoMX

Does anyone know how to combine those packs in a single pack.And a superior compression technology should be used

Gzip,Bzip2,7Zip

7-Zip LZMA. Period.

PS. Let's get our asses to work, grab all documentation on what has been done on win9x in this forum, format it nicely and post it on the domain i mentioned above. A couple step-by-step tutorials with pictures would be very helpful too. Like what to install in what order, and what to do if something goes wrong.

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...