Win9x Developer team

Seems to me that the first thing we need is a place to come together and share ideas, data and the actual files and code, a place that's entirely under our control. The details can be dealt with afterwards. Basically, we all want the same thing, to keep using 9X and to keep making it better. If the problem is paying for or setting up a server or paying for the internet service, lets figure out what and how much we need and get it done.

Has anyone contacted LLXX to see if she'd be interested in joining this project?

Rick

Seems to me that the first thing we need is a place to come together and share ideas, data and the actual files and code, a place that's entirely under our control. The details can be dealt with afterwards. Basically, we all want the same thing, to keep using 9X and to keep making it better. If the problem is paying for or setting up a server or paying for the internet service, lets figure out what and how much we need and get it done.

Has anyone contacted LLXX to see if she'd be interested in joining this project?

Rick

I told you, i can take care of the server. Just let me know and i'll give you all the info you need. ;) I've heard a lot of stuff about LLXX too, i agree that someone should contact her as well.

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

I told you, i can take care of the server. Just let me know and i'll give you all the info you need. ;) I've heard a lot of stuff about LLXX too, i agree that someone should contact her as well.

I'm coding for phpBB2 and 3, and for a CMS that work with both, so if I can be any help just ask.

I'm coding for phpBB2 and 3, and for a CMS that work with both, so if I can be any help just ask.

****, we're running IPB over there (like it is here too). I personally don't really like phpBB either. But anyway, nothing's decided yet, and were we talking about a "dev team"? Where are all the important members' opinions?

So what exactly do you want running on that server? So i can tell you if it's doable or not.

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

I PM'ed our board's admin about the server. Let's see what he can do for us. ;)

Edit: I got our domain. HTTP: http://win9xdev.digitalpowered.info

FTP: ftp://www.digitalpowered.info/

FTP Username: <protected> (PM for details)

FTP Password: <protected>

PhpMyAdmin: https://p3smysqladmin01.secureserver.net/p41/13

SQL Database: <protected>

SQL Username: <protected>

SQL Password: <protected>

SQL Host: p41mysql13.secureserver.net (not localhost!)

The features:

Bandwidth: 50,000 MB

Diskspace: 1,000 MB

MySQL: 1 Database

Operating System: Linux

Server IP Address: 68.178.254.122

People who wish to manage the server and start installing stuff on it please PM me and i'll give you the login details.

Edited by Th3_uN1Qu3

I think that we should write in C programming language but we should use mingw for this.

And can we put freedos as a replace for traditional microsoft dos?

And isn't there a free replacement of windows kernel

Plus a small request I am having a slow dialup internet connection can you tell me of any cheap ISP with online purchase system.

My modem is USB Robotics 56k win voice int.

Aw c'mon people... I got you a domain, now WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Youv'd understimated the problem...

BTW i soon add my finds (hoping that helps and noone will delete them).

I don't get what you are saying... Anyway, if the domain is of no use, i can just cancel it. Anyway it seems we're the only ones (we = the people posted in this thread) that give a **** about this project. So what was the point of this anyway?

Aw c'mon people... I got you a domain, now WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Youv'd understimated the problem...

BTW i soon add my finds (hoping that helps and noone will delete them).

I don't get what you are saying... Anyway, if the domain is of no use, i can just cancel it. Anyway it seems we're the only ones (we = the people posted in this thread) that give a **** about this project. So what was the point of this anyway?

Well ....i think a plan is needed....some guidance... :wacko: To begin with something simple to catch as many people as we can and then develop the hard stuff....

Well ....i think a plan is needed....some guidance... :wacko: To begin with something simple to catch as many people as we can and then develop the hard stuff....

As already said, i would share my project (GNUWin, aka Open Sourcing 9x) - i mean i can modify the project goal - if it remains in in the open source platform.

Check out my 3ad @ WPC board (note that you need to be regd/logd) to evaluate...

:hello: