[ Release ] Windows XpV - Best vista Theme to date !

raymerjacque

This theme is best used with Viso ( Highly recommended !!! )

Links removed due to as****** on this forum, i will devlop this theme for my own personal use, if anyone wants to try it PM me.

Viso transforms your windows XP setup into a vista setup, viso also adds Vista icons to your xp, Viso can be slipstreamed into your setup disc.The only thing Viso doesnt have is a Vista theme /style, thats where this cab file comes into play.

Viso can be found here : Links removed.

Since all the Vista themes out on the net pretty much all suck, and Viso has everything but theme support and the only theme that is pretty descent is vista transformation pack, but the only problem is the thing takes over your whole PC.

So I have gone and made a Vista theme for based on other projects, taken the best of each one so to say. It has Full Vista cursor and sound scheme support as well.

I have ripped various items from VTP and some other projects on deviant art and put together this nice theme, It is Based on Vista Basic edition, mainly because i dont like the ugly buttons in Aero and i'd rather have a real almost perfect looking basic theme than a fake aero theme ( there is no descent aero theme availible anywhere, they all look fake )

This is the final form of this theme. if anyone requests changes i will make them, but as it is i wont be updating or changing anything.

screenshots are attached :

To set it up is easy, it is in cab format, so you can just add it to the integration screen in nlite. just follow the instructions below :

Instructions :

Inside Nlite at the integration screen, simply insert the cab file.

Remember to select to enable patching of your uxtheme.dll in the options part of nlite ( very important. )

rebuild Nlite and make an ISO.

thats it, thats how easy it is.

Can be integrated with Nlite, or you can manualy integrate the theme, it will work either way. you can apply before Viso or after viso, works either way as well.

Here is the link : ( 4.88mb )

Links removed.

I can change the wallpaper in the cab on request, i was going to put the official vista one, but i really liked the current one.

Enjoy ....

PS. - the pics are taken inside Vmware, that is why everything looks so squashed, specialy on the start menu. And the logoff button on menu is missing because i removed the feature with nlite, if you have a loggoff button it will show up normaly.

on a nomal machine everything is fine and perfect

Enjoy, and Please post feedback below !! :P

post-127044-1208372252_thumb.jpg

post-127044-1208372273_thumb.jpg

post-127044-1208372311_thumb.jpg

post-127044-1208372386_thumb.jpg

Edited by raymerjacque

Actualy you cannot, the fix is not that simple, the bar is only so high and you cannot edit beyond the boundries of XP. what everyone else does to fix it is they use a program called styler which completes the top bit of the button. if you want you can download and run it. I choose not to because it uses extra ram, and i am not going to bother with waisting extra memory for such a small thing....

This is a visual style which means it uses 0 extra ram, it simply replaces your existing style. unlike windows blinds and other programs. I have not found a visual style on the net that matches this one or i wouldn't have bothered to make it. It even has cursors and sound schemes. I did however not make vista icons, the reason being that Viso already supplies them, and Viso has the best icons on the net, that is why i highly recommend you use this with Viso.

Edited by raymerjacque

no man, i am sorry, but you are wrong...

see this...

0_screen1xp.jpg

the trick is to let the button reach only to the top of the bar.

that way it looks whole, but doesnt need any other exe's to run.

and did you ever saw the vistapack?

try it out man...

Damian666

:D

Edited by damian666

yes i see...

Well, i might fiddle with it sometime, it is not bothering me at the moment.

Can i ask you tho, why do you go out of your way to make the start button so perfect, but then you dont put the same effort into the minimize, maximise and close buttons ?

that is the one thing that i cant stand of all the vista styles on the net, the buttons dont look realistic, not even close. it is why i chose basic version to edit on, the buttons are easier and besides, black isnt exactly my color ...

well, thats easy man... i didnt make that.

i cant do that stuff, not my field of expertise...

so thats why...

But you have to agree that the startbutton looks better that way man

And black is my own favorite color so :D

Damian666

@ kels, dont like the black huh? hahaha

Edited by damian666

actualy i looked at your theme. your button sux man. you reduced the size quite a bit, the little thing is tiny in your pack. you did the same thing everyone else did to fix the problem, which is why i hate the other styles ....

The thing about vista is the button is meant to stand out, its an eye catching feature. Like i said i will play with it sometime in the future, but i will not be reducing the size for an easy solution like you did.

if you dont like my theme, then dont download, dont have to come here and make funny faces and crap.

Edited by raymerjacque

well well, no need to get all sensitive man...

it was just a suggestion.

if you cant handle it, dont post man.

Thats what forums are all about, sharing your visions man.

didnt mean to upset you or something...

Damian666

well, lets see. you have been making your pack for 2 years. i have been doing it for a few days, granted i didnt make it all myself, but then again neither did you, i am slowly finding my way around and editing as is needed, and for the record, mine still looks better than yours, your borders arent right, your text is blurry, the edges aren't smoothed out, your start button is too small, your min, max and close buttons look fake, you use third party apps to get special effects and that costs memory, i could go on and on.... ( i can critisize too ! )

Give me some time man, i said i would fix the start button when i get around to it, i am not going to rush everything in one week. but for you to come here and compare your 2 year project to mine that is barely availible is what my problem is.

so pls, why don't you go have a chill pill. you could have been more supportive instead of laugh at me.

well, as far as i see it, this is getting us nowhere, i am NOT trying to compare it with my work.

i was just giving you my opinion, to bad you cant handle it man...

i wish you the best with it.

Damian666

p.s. lets not make this a war ok, just leave it be...

For what I can see, yes, Damian666 was actually trying to help you, and not trying to make any comparison.

Everything is a matter of opinion, but sometimes saying that everything sucks but your work is not correct, if you don't have anything good to say, dont say anything at all.

You are in a open forum, try to be more open minded, and if you need help fixing the start button, just ask, that's why many people are here for.