Basic Network Installatin of WIN XP SP2

Droiyan3

Hi to all,

searched over the forum but didnt find anything like that. Probably to simple..

I got the following problem...

I would like to do a network install of win xp. I have read that one would need a distribution share. Which in my case is my computer named : Striker-Formula

I also need to put in the share the i386 Folder. I did that as well. Then I need to enable network boot on my other pc, did that as well.

Well after that I am supposed to run a network boot utility, but I dont have any floopy drive. I only can use the CD-Rom drive. Furthermore , i have no clue which utility I am supposed to use.

That is my current problem right now...

and if I am not mistake, after I get the utility I need to run the net use z : \\Striker-formula\i386 command and then type z: and then run the winnt.exe command. After that the network install should initiate..

Please advise! :hello:

Simply download a bootdisk which supports various network cards (use Google) and burn a bootable CDR using this bootdisk image for the bootsector, or whatever it's called in Nero - Burning ROM ;)

Simply download a bootdisk which supports various network cards (use Google) and burn a bootable CDR using this bootdisk image for the bootsector, or whatever it's called in Nero - Burning ROM ;)

Sorry I am quite the slow one,

the only thing that I am getting till now are Bootdisk (floopies) but I need a CD-based one. could you please give me a link , coz I cant find on my own... :whistle:

okey , managed to find the Hirens Boot CD (the latest currently is the 9.5) I DL the 9.3 . It had a handy utility named

Universal TCP/IP Network 5.4

this utility did everthing for me. Just connected it to my router and it gave me imidiatly an IP adress. I was also able to map the drive I wanted. Thanks anyways for the help!

here is the website

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd