UberKern

Tihiy

I'm curious if it is just me, I could be wrong however but with FF3 any opening of an OPEN dialog box (uploading, saving an image, etc) results in FireFox crashing. Also, viewing some pages that use transparency hides all text (which is plainly seen on many MySpace pages).

Any possible idea what could be causing this; such as whether it's FF3, UberKern, or other reason specific?.

I can't reproduce that! Any particular pages causing those issues?

I've finished integration to KernelEx. Xeno86 will make newer version when he'll have time.

Tihiy, you're f***ing amazing ( I hope you find that as the compliement)!! :thumbup

We can wait for the newer version of the KernelEx because the Firefox 3.0 will be released most probably in June (I don't know in which half).

Btw, even I'm a bit old-fashioned to the GUI look, I must that say that this screenshot looks really nice (through your improvements). :)

Edited by rainyd

KernelEx 0.3.4 is released! Congratulations!

Additional fixes that were included alongside:

- First time crash / multiple profile crash;

- Inability to input national characters of some codepages (Cyrillic, for example).

There's a problem with FF3 which causes control keys / caps lock state mess-up on layout change or in another situations.

It's to be addressed in FF3 / KernelEx.

You'll need to reinstall FF3 over to neutralize UberKern.

As for NoNameNeeded "nothing visible" problem, that's suddenly very serious problem and seem to be related with display driver ( :wacko: ) or some updates. Try to update display driver. If it does not help, post your config here to find the problem.

:ph34r:

I'm curious if it is just me, I could be wrong however but with FF3 any opening of an OPEN dialog box (uploading, saving an image, etc) results in FireFox crashing. Also, viewing some pages that use transparency hides all text (which is plainly seen on many MySpace pages).

Any possible idea what could be causing this; such as whether it's FF3, UberKern, or other reason specific?.

I can't reproduce that! Any particular pages causing those issues?

Just tried it on a virgin install of 98 w/ kernelEx and both issues seem to have been resolved in that instance. I have a feeling it had to do with using RP7.11 as well although I am not firm on that thought yet as my install was heavily 'tweaked'. Once it gets to the point where it happens again I'll be able to root out the cause.

Edited by Chozo4

I've just installed KernelEx0.3.4 and installed the old libcairo-2.dll from Inkscape and it no longer worked. I then repatched the dll and it started up again, but with all texts absent.

Seems like UberKern is still needed...

Edit: Okay, you guys really need to document your obscure settings better. I've set inkscape.exe=1 under AdvancedGDI in kexver.ini (why does this need to be optional?), so now Inkscape runs without the patched cairo, but there's still no text in any of the menus, buttons, etc, similar to what NoNameNeeded gets for FireFox.

I'm crossing my fingers for this being fixed, because it's the only thing standing between me and the latest Inkscape.

Edited by SlugFiller