Apps won't install on nLited Win2k3

HTS-500

My nLited Win2k3 is giving me the totally epic error: "Not enough storage to complete this operation"

But in a totally new situation: When trying to install.... anything. :realmad:

I think I might have removed something I should have left... Does any one know what missing service/component could be causing this?

The only other cause I can think of is that it is on the drive D.... Other than that, I'm out of ideas

Any hints?

(By the way, there is more than enough space)

Solved.. I just started from scratch and this time I didn't disable a bunch of things that sounded like suspicious... size went up by about 120MB (but I also added the Omega ATi driver), performance is about the same (blazing fast!, the "loading windows" bar doesn't even touch the left side of the frame!) and everything works well....

Except the wireless drivers... But I guess that's another story

What would be this PC used for? From your preset, I see you remove components from many areas (multimedia, printers, networking...)

If you would like to hear advice from a long-time nLite user, I would be slightly more conservative with the hatchet. :)

Yeah, I saw you calmed down. :)

GL

What would be this PC used for? From your preset, I see you remove components from many areas (multimedia, printers, networking...)

If you would like to hear advice from a long-time nLite user, I would be slightly more conservative with the hatchet. :)

Yeah, I saw you calmed down. :)

GL

For everything, just like any PC... I'm still a Linux/BSD user, I'd just like to get a feel of what Windows has to offer on it's best configuration... I removed all those things because I don't need them, I don't have a network (it's the only PC around), no printers, hardware is fixed (I don't upgrade my PCs, I just wait until they're too old to be useful and buy a new one).... For multimedia and all those things, I'll just add 3rd party software (I find Microsoft's built-in software to be slow and under-featured (yet bloated with useless and redundant functions), it doesn't show the full potential of Windows)

And yeah thanks for the advice, I'll try to be less extremist on the next nLite round ;) (I just like streamlined things)

nLite (if used correctly) is very effective at voiding the "Windows performance < Linux" statements, nice work nuhi :thumbup