A small discovery

shilyro

Made a little discovery today while trying to vlite vista sp1

I have long spent my time recapturing the Install.wim,

but today i accidently find a easy way to do some little things.

you dont have to use imagex to modify the Install.wim,it is difficult

here is how to integrate your Themes and Papers ,and Crack the themes. and change some system files

as we all know ,vlite will first extact the Installation file to a Tem folder (to know where the tem folder is ,please check the Vlite window Click Option the default folder is C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp)

find the tem folder go to Vs tem19(duno whether it is fixed ,open it you wil see Windows ,users,and some other folders ,) now ,before applying your settings you should set vlite priority to low, for this will give you enough time to modify the folder add your own themes to Windows resources themes, add papers to windows web wallpapers

crack theme file in windows system32 ,you can change even a lot more ,just try, i just tested the wallpaper part,it works! Woo, enjoy, thank Nuhi

Made a little discovery today while trying to vlite vista sp1

I have long spent my time recapturing the Install.wim,

but today i accidently find a easy way to do some little things.

you dont have to use imagex to modify the Install.wim,it is difficult

here is how to integrate your Themes and Papers ,and Crack the themes. and change some system files

as we all know ,vlite will first extact the Installation file to a Tem folder (to know where the tem folder is ,please check the Vlite window Click Option the default folder is C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp)

find the tem folder go to Vs tem19(duno whether it is fixed ,open it you wil see Windows ,users,and some other folders ,) now ,before applying your settings you should set vlite priority to low, for this will give you enough time to modify the folder add your own themes to Windows resources themes, add papers to windows web wallpapers

crack theme file in windows system32 ,you can change even a lot more ,just try, i just tested the wallpaper part,it works! Woo, enjoy, thank Nuhi

check out the "vLiting the Universe" topic

Yeah you can do that, or you can use GimageX or WIMMASTER etc to mount it, as vlite has already installed the wimfilter and contains the file needed from WAIK, all you need to do is dump GimageX into the vlite programs folder and run as admin. (the file needed by GimageX is wimgapi.dll and is the same version that you get from downloading the 1GB WAIK (i've checked so i dont need to download 1GB next time its updated for a 320KB dll), so you can make your own folder with GimageX/WIMMaster and wimgapi.dll)

Also yes just noticed a reference to yet another Wim tool, "Wim mounter" although ain't tried it myself, however i do like GimageX

Edit: Didn't realise you have imagex, however wondering why you don't mount it in read/write mode, and then make the changes (imagex.exe /mountrw /?)

Edited by fairyprincess

Yeah you can do that, or you can use GimageX or WIMMASTER etc to mount it, as vlite has already installed the wimfilter and contains the file needed from WAIK, all you need to do is dump GimageX into the vlite programs folder and run as admin. (the file needed by GimageX is wimgapi.dll and is the same version that you get from downloading the 1GB WAIK (i've checked so i dont need to download 1GB next time its updated for a 320KB dll), so you can make your own folder with GimageX/WIMMaster and wimgapi.dll)

Also yes just noticed a reference to yet another Wim tool, "Wim mounter" although ain't tried it myself, however i do like GimageX

Edit: Didn't realise you have imagex, however wondering why you don't mount it in read/write mode, and then make the changes (imagex.exe /mountrw /?)

already tried that ,but cant change some files in read and Write mode ,but cant access certain folders ,dont know why , not very familiar with Imagex,sorry

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. :hello:

someone can helpme to add or remove files in Documents and Settings of install.wim that is mountrw,

its appear when i try to acces to this folder...access denied.

i use to mount it,

imagex of waik, i can modify other folders but this not...

Docunents and settings, any idea why? :blushing:

thanks for advance...