vLite v1.1.6 RC - Tick-tock Clarice

nuhi

Gladiac, huh, I didn't change anything. Try to run "vLite.exe /unwim" for it to uninstall the filter, then reboot and run it normally.

But also consider once more what you have installed lately.

OK, I think there is a great chance that my previously installed Zone-Alarm (crap) firewall, which is uninstalled now, left something harmful behind. I'm trying to reinstall WIMFilter now...

//update: ok, works now. Reinstalling WIMFilter did not help but completely removing zonealarm did. Couldn't remember that it was still on my system. In fact it was deactivated... Sorry for my incompetence, normally I'm not that nooby. Thank you for your help :).

cheers

Edited by Gladiac

tVdP, that's weird. First are you clear on the select=remove component part?

Were you slipstreaming on a clean installation files, not previously vLited or anything integrated?

Salut

Yes all clear

Slipstream from clean installation and nothing integrated

Thx

One last problem that came to me, so with ultimate x64 version with slipstreamed sp1, I left the 'task scheduler' component but it still doesn't run, I tried to run it manually (through services.msc) but anywhere I go I keep getting reports that it's missing, any idea about this?

I also checked the last session of that installation, and yes, it's there on the list, so it hasn't been removed, at least not by me...

Seems like PkgMgr is taking a lot of resources. I got 2GB of RAM @ 1gz or so. Should I get another set of 2 gig? cuz it's eating away all of it.... I know that the sticks are cheap, I'm just lazy getting out and getting the ones I want.

Oh and I was wondering the integration time would be improved if I went from 2 -> 4GB of RAM? About 90min have past by already...

Seems like PkgMgr is taking a lot of resources. I got 2GB of RAM @ 1gz or so. Should I get another set of 2 gig? cuz it's eating away all of it.... I know that the sticks are cheap, I'm just lazy getting out and getting the ones I want.

Oh and I was wondering the integration time would be improved if I went from 2 -> 4GB of RAM? About 90min have past by already...

Well its defenetly better if it uses the resources you have rather than not.Im assuming that things are loaded into RAM during the building process to improve performance?.If so then getting more RAM defenetly improves performance(i have 2GB myself).Currently some parts need to be flushed in order to manage the building process with 2GB(~94% RAM occupied during Apply phase).With 4GB i assume all will be built faster without flushing?.

Edited by Tomorrow

i used windows vista dvd with all versions and multiple languages as a source for vlite. vlite lets me select the vista version (home premium) but there is no language selection. and it seemt to copy only the german files for some reason, see this screenshot t1706852_vliteger.png

i created the .iso succesfully and burned to dvd, booted from dvd and selected Finnish language to be installed, it appeared to continue normally, but soon i got message "windows cannot install all the required files" i assume thats becouse vlite didn't copy the finnish language files.

I have a bug to report!:

When vLite is finished and i try to close it then it wont close and i have to terminate it from taskmanager.

Previously had v.1.1.6 Beta 2 installed and installed v.1.1.6 RC on top of it(this might be the problem source?).

Vlite does not exit in any normal way:pressing Finish,Exit or red X.It stops responding and does not accept any input.There is no activity in task manager.CPU utilization remains at 00% and memory footprint is constantly the same as seen in screenshot:

errorfw2.jpg

I also created a dump file(171MB) and will completly uninstall-reinstall vlite once i have some reply here.

Hi Nuhi,

I made install.wim for sony notebook from sny files and it works fine while using to restorewim from d on c. But trying to use vlite on this wim I get error.

Can this be avoided somehow? Would be nice to have original sony files for vista and cut all bloatware.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

post-30418-1208933027_thumb.jpg

Okay so i removed Windows Photo Viewer (vista sp1) thinking i could use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (shimgvw.dll) but the poor thing seems to have been neutered. I have not been able to associate files to it using the registry, and when i tried to regsvr32 shimgvw.dll it said that it didnt even have a DllRegisterServer entry-point.

What i'm trying to say is picture and fax viewer doesnt seem to work on its own, without photo viewer i'm not sure it can work, and as such it might be a good idea to remove both together rather than be able to keep them separetly.

@MagicAndre1981

I would not bother Nuhi if my wim would be corrupted. And I made it using imagex, of course.

I was asking to clear if it is possible to use vlite on it cause drivers are already integrated into that wim by Sony as well and that is the problem. Different architecture that vlite can not recognise. ||Do not have any idea what those numbers on attached capture mean...

Nuhi, pls reply...

Alex

marauder16, Event Log, fixed in next one.

Tomorrow, vLite cleans temp files on exit, maybe there is bunch in your case, leave it 5min and see if it exits on its own.

It does show 1% of CPU usage...that might be it. And the status says Cleaning :)

Alex, somehow xml header of that wim is different. I will send you a test version so I can adapt it.