vLite v1.1.6 RC - Tick-tock Clarice

nuhi

Hi nuhi, nice work.

Did you see my last remark under 1.1.6 beta 2? I was able to integrate the hotfix, which I was not able to do in the past. Still why would I need it if I have removed Windows Mail?

geese howard, what do you mean still, this is the first time I see that report. Could be that I missed your first one.

Anyway it works but could be that it stops for some on XP as a host, gonna retry that little later.

edit: btw make sure that it is freezed because it sure does stay long while integrating, check in Task Manager if there is activity.

Edited by nuhi

First of all, thank you for the new vLite. More components just rock! :)

Now like Sereby already told you: If I remove the service "Windows Event Log", my Avira AntiVir 8 Guard is not going to open. If I say the program to start it, it just hangs for some seconds and does nothing. I just did a second install now and kept the Event Log, and the AntiVir Guard now works fine. :)

Just wanted to let you know, because as it seems Sereby is already sleeping. :P

Perhaps somebody can confirm that.

Edited by Dynaletik

hy nuhi, to thank you again for this wonderful program. now the reports:

I just saw the RC but I used beta 2, when I remove almost everything, I just keep the Aero and Recommended stuff and a few others the first problem I get is when rebuilding image, if I rebuild with all the tasks enabled (except the slipstream of course, I did that before and rebuilt) it stops in the middle of the rebuilding process (around 400MB). now if I rebuild one task at the time, it doesn't do that, and the image is ok in the end, any idea why is that?

the second problem is, as I said, I remove everything but the 'Aero' and 'Recommended' and few other components. and when I install windows and I install the LAN drivers(, clean everything up with tuneup and ccleaner) it won't detect my LAN connection, do you know what is the problem?

everything is with the slipstreamed service pack, I'll try it all again with the RC, just let me know if you need the last session files. thnx ;)

geese howard, you see that PkgMgr taking cpu time? That is the proof that it works.

Now that error after it, copy clean Vista DVD again and reboot your pc, try then. Please no more screenshots.

Dynaletik, ok thx.

marauder16, 400MB sounds fine for 32bit with so much removed, are you sure it just stops and it actually didn't finish fine. If the install works then it is fine.

For LAN connection keep DHCP if you don't know how to setup IP addresses.

geese howard, you see that PkgMgr taking cpu time? That is the proof that it works.

Now that error after it, copy clean Vista DVD again and reboot your pc, try then. Please no more screenshots.

Dynaletik, ok thx.

marauder16, 400MB sounds fine for 32bit with so much removed, are you sure it just stops and it actually didn't finish fine. If the install works then it is fine.

For LAN connection keep DHCP if you don't know how to setup IP addresses.

oh sorry, it's the ultimate version (x64), and I somehow solved everything with the new RC :D and yes, concluded it myself it's best to keep the DHCP and everythig works know, I'm not that familiar with Vista just yet, thnx anyway :hello:

hi all

need help for x64 ultimate french + SP1

basic necessary respected

x64 ultimate french + SP1 without vLite = ok

x64 ultimate french (on x64) + SP1 by vLite (nothing off) =

many options disapear straight away

no more network connection even by the classical way

no sharing center as well (indeed I don't need it)

all this windows stay blanks

thx in advance

Edited by tVdP

Hello Nuhi! Thank you very much for the new version!

Since the RC-Version I experience a BSOD when I try to mount my vista-enterprise 32bit setupfiles. I am here on a windows xp 32bit-machine without a running antivirus or software firewall. Beta 2 worked fine. WIMfilter seems to be quite troublesome again... Is there a way to enable debug-logging or smth so that I can help you track down that bug? Do you need more specific infos?

cheers

tVdP, that's weird. First are you clear on the select=remove component part?

Were you slipstreaming on a clean installation files, not previously vLited or anything integrated?

Gladiac, huh, I didn't change anything. Try to run "vLite.exe /unwim" for it to uninstall the filter, then reboot and run it normally.

But also consider once more what you have installed lately.