Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
MikeyHunt

HELP - Computer doesn't recognize CD drive after flashing

Hello. I have been having problems with my burner (BTCBCE1610IM) and decided to 'flash it' to attempt to correct the various problems I was having with it.

(yes, I had reinstalled/updated the driver from Device Manager (a few times) and (checked obvious stuff) to solve the problem before I did this)

I followed the manufacturers instructions carefully and everything seemed to go ok.

When I rebooted, ... my burner was non -responsive and my E drive (CD burner) was missing.

I tried to get Windows to recognize it through "add new hardware" nothing.

Tried "system restore" nothing.

Anyone know a way to get the OS to recognize the burner again? or am I screwed?

Will disconnecting /reinstalling the burner help?

thanks.

98se Pent 3/566 Compaq Plss-sorry-O

Edited by MikeyHunt

guess I'm f**ked. :puke:

Sadly, that is most likely the case, especially if you didn't make sure you had the right firmware. Have you tried physically disconnecting it from a power source and reconnecting it?

On the bright side, a replacement burner isn't too expensive.