Acer M5640 with MCP73 sata

dprundle

Hi all! I just bought an Acer M5640 today and it came pre-loaded with vista. Obviously, the first thing I want to do is get vista off of my computer and I want to replace it with 2003 server and am running into problems.

When I try to install 2003 server, I get a BSOD 0x0000007B which is a storage error (I'm assuming the RAID driver MCP73) so I tried to install XP. However, XP gives the same error message.

To install a RAID driver you have to press F6 and have a floppy. Since I don't have a floppy I have slipstreamed a driver I downloaded from nvidia into a Server 2003 package using nlite.

The install goes perfectly with the slipstream, but after final reset on install I get a BSOD.

You guys seem to be the experts here! so I'm excited to hear what you all have to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I just bought an Acer M5640 today and it came pre-loaded with vista. Obviously, the first thing I want to do is get vista off of my computer and I want to replace it with 2003 server and am running into problems.

When I try to install 2003 server, I get a BSOD 0x0000007B which is a storage error (I'm assuming the RAID driver MCP73) so I tried to install XP. However, XP gives the same error message.

To install a RAID driver you have to press F6 and have a floppy. Since I don't have a floppy I have slipstreamed a driver I downloaded from nvidia into a Server 2003 package using nlite.

The install goes perfectly with the slipstream, but after final reset on install I get a BSOD.

You guys seem to be the experts here! so I'm excited to hear what you all have to say.

Hi, how are you getting on with installing Win XP on the Acer Aspire M5640? I have been trying to load onto a M5640-AT419 deskop and gett a hardware fault when loading XP Pro immediately after the initial blue installation screen has completed and it is saying that it is starting Win XP.

Any suggestions?