New Icons For Vista

jeetumishra

hi

how do i install the new icon. i mounted my vista (SP1 x86) install.wim and copy and replaced the downloaded file to "system32" overwriting the original one, and then i commit and unmounted it. installed it on vmware, but no special icons, everything same. how do i get it to show the new icons please help

thanks in advance

Edited by shahed26

These are Rhor's icons you may download them from deviantArt...

yes just convert them to 256x256 icon & intregrate them into imageres.dll

I don't know if you did this imageres.dll but there are no icons in this dll. You need to make 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 and then maybe 256x256 if you need it, not just 256x256.

hi

can you please upload a patched "imageres.dll" so i can mount my vista dvd and replace it with a working patched file. so on install first boot up, i will have the new icons. i did try the patch, but it did not work, i also deleted the iconcache.db as well, but no luck (am using vista sp1 x86)

thank you

Edit: imageres fully working now. thanks for your imageres patcher. did not work before, because i never committed the vista dvd change when unmounting.

Edited by shahed26

Hi

any chance of a sp1 patched "shell32.dll" ?

are you telling about Vista --shell32.dll or in windows XP .

hi

i meant a customized shell32.dll for vista sp1 for better GUI. there are quite few on the net, but they are old ones for RTM (non sp1 version)

check these links out

http://www.aeroxp.org/board/index.php?showtopic=10796

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12416

thanks

Edited by shahed26

Try This Patch

Download

your patch works great. 1 question, what does this patch do to imageres.dll? because am planning to modify my icons (with stardock iconpackager) and then copy my customized imageres from system32 to a vista dvd by mounting the vista image.

Edited by shahed26