Theoretical question re: Vlite'd Vista

benifin

Hi nuhi

Again, magic work !!

Nuhi - I was thinking and wondering.

Given how Nlite is - and noting especially that it is a more mature product than Vlite - do you think it is possible / probable / likely (?) that as Vlite further matures, we will be able to have Vlite'd Vista installations of say ~300 <-> ~500 meg on the hard disk with Ram footprints of say ~70 <-> ~90 meg ?

I thought if *anyone* is going to know if this is actually possible, it is going to be the master of getting Vista trimmed down.

Again, all the best,

Ben " as always, eagerly awaiting the next version " Ifin

Edited by benifin

LOL I got the time lets try a super dooper tiny xp and see what the disk size is now...

82.31 megs for the sp3 .iso

Now on to the install.

189 megs on disk total size... (Not counting page file and trash bin reserved space)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

What I can tell you is that I have done a full strip of XP X32 SP2 with Nlite [current version] and only installed video and audio drivers [ matrox and echo] and I get:-

-> ~220 meg install on HDD

-> ~35meg Ram Footprint

Ben

Below 1GB installed, memory usage below 150MB (it is at 188MB now when all removed in 32bit Vista).

But how much longer vLite will be developed is unknown, I might not have the time, there is some job in sight.

Below 1GB installed, memory usage below 150MB (it is at 188MB now when all removed in 32bit Vista).

But how much longer vLite will be developed is unknown, I might not have the time, there is some job in sight.

Open sourcing?