Compaq Armada 1750 Bios?

Redhatcc

I have a compaq armada 1750 laptop, and need to boot from cd.

I cant get into the bios to change the boot order to get it to boot from cd. I have read that it requires the original hdd installed to be able to access the bios? but not sure might just be internet clutter lol

but it does have a FDD and CD-Rom, anyone have any ideas on how to get it to boot from my XP cd?

Have you tried hitting the F-keys, like F1/F2/F10/F12 or Del/Ins at POST (or when you see the logo)?

That should do it if you hit the correct key at the right time, you'll just have to try a few times.

I saw a few other suggestions:

-Download some software or a bootable floppy image for your specific model from the manufacturer's support site. If some information on the HDD is required then is has to be available for download somewhere.

-Unplug the HDD and give it a try without it.

I don't have anymore suggestions right now, you could try searching for it.

When you find the correct solution please post it here in case others have the same problem.

Edited by DL.

Ok... Heres what i did to solve the problem with getting it to boot from cd before hdd. (not sure if this is proper way but hope it works for others)

I put in the XP CD in and restarted the laptop, and pressed the "del" key over and over until computer started up and... it booted from cd instead of HDD.

Not sure if this will work for everyone but worked on my end... hope someone else gets help from this!

F12 is mostly used to get the boot-order menu.

Yeah that's true, but what he wanted was to be able to boot from the CD and gettting to the boot menu would solve that.