Totally Remove Network adapters

I play a lot of games on my PC. I run a dual boot with Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro. I used XP pro and it has all my programs installed, whereas Windows 2000 has a few programs and only installed because I needed once for some networking tasks. Anyway, my problem is ping with the game and Ventrilo and voice client for gaming. The ping on my games is around 80+ms yet on windows 2000 with the same game server the ping is half that around 40-50ms. On ventrilo the ping is the same but as soon as it sends any voice data the ping reaches 2000+ms creating great delay in the time it takes for the voice to get to the other person yet it works fine when I tested it on Windows 2000 with the same PC, router and server. I would use windows 2000 but I have far too many programs and a personalized set-up on my XP and even when gaming I just get annoyed with the lack of programs and have to come back onto XP. I have tried tweaking programs and TCP/IP repair programs but this did not help at all. In fact I think that is what has caused all the problems in the first place. I have set the MTU to match the routers and I have looked at many sites and guide on how to work out the RWIN, but still no luck. I uninstalled the wireless adapter that I am using which is the same one that I am using in windows 2000 but all that did is when I reninstalled it was append the device with a number after the device name, after I change the USB port. I there a way of removing ALL of the network adapters on the machine totally even the one that would now appear not connected onto the PC so that XP will set the settings up correctly again. It worked fine when I first installed XP what messed it up was the TCP/IP tweaking. I don't want to reinstall XP, and waste a day getting things back to the way they were. I would assume the process of removing all the devices would involve deleting registry keys and the device manager way do not seem to remove everything.

Sorry about the long read, but I thought the more detail the more chance someone could help me out. Thanks for any help in advance.