RIS / Image / Unattended XP Pro

Hi

I am looking into improving the deployment method for my company but not having a VLK XP it is being troublesome. I would like to use a single image / CD that will deploy XP to any machine and then use the COA sticker for the key on each machine (manual imput of this is fine). The COA stickers are mainly HP and IBM.

I have tried an OEM version of XP and put the key it but it does not install using HP OEM CoA keys, anyone know what is missing?

Is there anyway to accomplish the overall single image task? I dont need specifics yet but just a rough guide would be great.

Thanks

R.

use your VLK its far easier. if your having problems with your VLK then you must be doing something wrong.

I dont recomend it as its far to much work but if you insist & do want to use the OEM numbers then try using a retail copy of XP. If the OEM XP licenses are Pro then you could use these RogueSpear's OEM Preactivation ScriptPack Addons to activate the OEM boxes for you so you wont have to manually over the internet.

if you link to those packs you have to be registered & logged in to access that thread.

hope this helps.

Edited by chiners_68

You have confirmed what I had read on the net. It seems that multi vendor OEM file injecting into Windows install is too much work. I did some reading on VLK and it seems the Reimage rights mean that we can buy 1 VLK licence and the use it for all the OEM, as long as they are identicle versions (XP Pro).