nLite autorun service, what is it? nltide_3

sbangs

rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N

The above line, named nltide_3 auto starts from the below areas in the registry.

.default

Local Service

Network Service

System

What is it?

Is it needed?

This only appears on Windows installations from an nLite CD.

Thanks,

Sbangs

• 3 weeks later...
It is the command that integrates the nLite registry settings on first logon, it is perfectly safe.

So once its run, is it perfectly safe to remove from startup.

I have several instances of nltide_2 and nltide_3 in startup, via Spybot S&D startup tool, are these all safe to remove once run

and what are the consequences of never letting them run?

• 2 years later...
Guest alexsupra

They are re-run at the creation of every new user, so they should be kept.

If they never run, the customizations will not be applied to new users.

how to discover these "customizations" in detail?

i mean the system registry settings applied to newly created user profile. its very important.

i have some problems in my system. so its necesary to investigate all non-standard system addons for their actions and influence upon system to avoid the conflicts as a result. its extremely important. thanks.

Well they would be the customizations you chose when you nLited your installation source....

If you are confused as to what some of them do then pleast ATTACH you last_session file (It can be found at the root of your disk) and we will try to explian them to you.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

how to discover these "customizations" in detail?

i mean the system registry settings applied to newly created user profile. its very important.

i have some problems in my system. so its necesary to investigate all non-standard system addons for their actions and influence upon system to avoid the conflicts as a result. its extremely important. thanks.

alexsupra, as shown in the first post, the Registry entries are in nLite.inf. This file can be found in the nLited folder compressed into NLITE.IN_. Extract it, open with notepad and you can see all the Registry changes. Enjoy, John.